For Sale - 18, 19, and 21 spoke wheels, bub exhaust, and std seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgunjoe

XS650 Hunter
Reaction score
18,19,21 (info for fitting XS too) spoke wheels

I have a 21" aluminum rim for sale. It is 36 spoke, available with hub or just as a rim (no cable on the one thats left). Excellent condition, only minor scratches. $40 plus shipping. (anywhere in continental US for $50 priority or $25 parcel post)

P6210404.jpg

Seat SOLD
Exhaust SOLD
18" Rear wheel SOLD
19" Front wheel SOLD

Last edited:
Interested in the 21" wheel. What is it off of?
And what is the diameter of the axle and width of the hub?

A little update... I decided to dig into the wheels a little bit since it seems everyone wants to use them AS IS. The bearings are 15x42x13, the 2 essential numbers being the OD and width. As it turns out, a 1988 GSX1100f has a bearing that measures 17x42x13... according to this

You are welcome to find other alternatives to accomplish this the way you want to, but obviously it IS possible to mount this wheel to the XS.

There is plenty of meat in the drum brake to bore it to 17mm as far as I can tell, the only issue being the speedo drive. It does NOT have enough meat to be bore to 17mm in my opinion. It IS possible to use the XS speedo drive, but I'm not engineer so I wont go there... lets just say not speedo for the sake of argument.

To do this, there will be need for custom spacers, and to figure out a way to keep the brake from spinning.

I am willing to do all the work to these for interested parties, but I will charge for my time... I'd prefer to let you do the work.

Possibly an easier way to accomplish this is to simply have an XS650 axle turned down from 17mm to 15mm, making a 1mm thick shim spacer for the brake side, and of course the correct wheel spacers. This would allow you to keep the speedo drive that come with these wheels.

the 21" is vintage (late 70's) yamaha 250 dirt bike wheel. I have one. And thats what I pulled it off of.

Sold front hub, but will still have the rim left if anyone is interested in an Akront 19 shouldered rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back