Wanted - 19 or 21 Spoked Front Wheel DISC only

JonnyDirt

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Im a new owner of an XS650 project i bought from a co worker. I basically have to undo everything he did. He threw away the standard spoked wheels and bought mags.

I am looking for a 19 inch standard spoked wheel compatible with 1981 xs650 fork. Must be disc. I do not care if there is a tire mounted, as i will be changing it anyways. if there are any 21inch wheel swaps or any ideas out there that would be preferred, but i am not optimistic. PM or comment what you have.

thanks!

Is there any distinguishing marks on an xs hub or wheel? There is a junk yard down the street that has a mountain of wheels. The employees dont seem to have a clue either. any info would help in my search for a 19 inch 36 spoke front and rear wheel

Are you interested in putting in the effort to have a 76 front re-laced ? bearings are pretty rough too. This wheel has been sitting around a long time. Rusty spokes. But it is quite straight and it is the aluminum high shoulder. If you dont find a nicer one, know that I could cut the spokes and send a rim & hub for the best deal. RT

Time Machine, i will keep that in mind as an option if i cant track anything complete down. Even after racing bmx for 15 years I still have never attempted to lace any sort of wheel. if i cant find anything, i will be in touch. Thanks,

Considering lacing up a front yet ? Mine is now stripped of rusty spokes. Alum rim is very straight. Would polish nicely. Hub is bare, bearing stuck. Disc is straight too. Exact year unknown. Pre 77 , im guessing 75..just an update.

20161109_005208.jpg

Are you interested in putting in the effort to have a 76 front re-laced ? bearings are pretty rough too. This wheel has been sitting around a long time. Rusty spokes. But it is quite straight and it is the aluminum high shoulder. If you dont find a nicer one, know that I could cut the spokes and send a rim & hub for the best deal. RT
Hello Friend,
Have you sold the front hub? If not I'd love to buy it from you. I am building a street tracker and need another spoked front hub. Thank you for the update.

Kurt Hall
kjhall22@gmail.com

Hello Kurt. I haven't sold a thing yet. The hub is needing bearings and I didnt even clean it up. Cool that the pre 77's have steel thread inserts for the disc mount. Anyway , you can have the hub for a beer plus shipping. Try to private message me later. Im at work. Thx ! Randy

Back