1972 wiring harness install from MikesXS

gbobst

Geoffrey
Reaction score
Ok...I know I've threaded this out before, but.....wait for it, I just got the new/original wiring harness from MikesXS, and I have a pretty much untouched 72. I was having grounding issues with my signals...aka replaced the flasher and still could not get the left signals to work, and after a pretty good lookover of most of the visible connections including inside the lamps/etc, I noticed some fraying and corroding coming from the harness near the tank, just under the seat near the battery, within the taped up old harness. I have decided to replace the harness, obviously as many have recommended me to do here as a very feasable solution. So, My questions are,..... before I attempt to put this baby in....What issues has anyone incurred during the installation...aka " the brown one is really the blue one man" or any other issues I will not see from experience, with the wires not reaching certain posts or connections etc.....
Any input will be great before I do this. I like to look at it without the tank and kinda stripped of the filter covers for a couple days and sleep on it..... I seriously dream this shit out, and I kinda do it step by step in my sleep for a few days before I attempt it. I would really appreciate any input from someone who has attempted this before, thanks ahead for your input or suggestions.

Back