rjlefevre

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
90-95 % original
Low mileage: 13,008
Great condition
Runs well
Cosmetically beautiful

I stumbled upon this bike 2 years ago. It was not running back then. Here is the work which was done to it.

Carbs re-built
New Fuel line and fuel Filters
Gas tank power washed, then ended up leaking so it was lined profesionally
Ignition cylinder changed
New oil Filter
Front brake bleeded and pads replaced
Rear brake adjusted
Engine tuned up, but no parts replaced (like the points or jets, could use some new points)

Cosmetically not much work was needed on the bike. The paint is nice and has some regular wear
Last year due to a battery leak, I ended up having the battery box sanded and powder coated, as well as the 2 side covers sanded and repainted. The acid had gotten inside of them. There was also a couple drops that fell on the frame on the rights side, which I left. The paint is gone and those spots are lighlty rusted but I did not have the means to take the whole bike apart to get the frame re-painted.
The chrome are in a beautiful shape after I spent a good 10-15 hours polishing them.
I replaced the emblems badges.

As you can see on the photos i had installed a windshield for 1 of the trips I went on. It is not very pleasing esthetically :yikes: and it came off when I got back. The windshield will go with the bike.

Bike is located in Colorado, any shipping will have to be handled by buyer. Clean Title in hand.

Attachments

• DSC00131.jpg
    DSC00131.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00132.jpg
    DSC00132.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC00128.jpg
    DSC00128.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC00129.jpg
    DSC00129.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 177
Thank you for your feedback guys! It is hard to estimate those bikes and I am happy to see that other people feel it is worth what I think it is worth.

Everytime I look at those pictures I am tempted to pull the post off and keep this bike all for myself. It is such a beauty some part of me don't want anyone else to have it :)

Last edited:
Back