1973 TX Gas cap and latch Circlip size?

I have a loose one, but I don't know how they are measured.
They are available new from boats.net or partzilla for about a dollar each, but then you have to add shipping.
Ace hardware probably also has ones that will fit if you take your pin into the store with you.

Both pins are under spring tension, and aren't really prone to rattling out. All you really need is a piece of wire in the pin groove with the ends twisted together.

E-clips are rated or classified by the shaft diameter, groove diameter, and groove width that they fit. You would just have to figure those dimensions out. These are the ones I got for the advance unit ......

I know, a hundred of them, right? What's a guy with one 650 going to do with a hundred of them? Well, you'd be surprised. I've already had more than one go zinging off into never never land during install or removal. I just reach in the bag and grab another, lol. Plus, I pass spares on to other 650 riders. At less than 4 cents each, it's not going to break my bank, lol.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. Walmart says they have 2mm and 1.5mm clips somewhere, I will see if I can find them. I know that ligature wire would work, but this is a nice build with fresh paint, and I'd like to show it, hence the need for the real part or a close facsimile.

Back