1973 tx650: BS38 carb rebuild prices

Mitchy mitch

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive ran into a problems rebuilding my carburetors. I would rather have someone that knows what they are doing rebuild them and save me a huge headache.. Ive seen posts where people offer rebuilding them for $25 bucks each but i was not able to find them. So i was wondering if anyone can link me to someone they know that can rebuild them or possibly give me a qoute . Thanks.

If someone offers to do them for $25.00 ............run

Kinda what I thought too skull.

OP you have several options, any of them that are on the cheap end involve you getting your mind sharp and hands dirty. On the high end are the VM's suggested in your other thread or the links 650skull provided. Some where in the middle would be to replace yours with some serviceable used carbs. You might want to talk with gggGary, maybe he could set you up with some linked 34's and manifolds.
You might as well forget the word budget if you want a bike that runs well OR start reading everything you can and do it yourself. If you are tool-less well there goes the budget again. A dollar-two ninety eight bike that gets you there and back. . . . I have my doubts (and I am the poster child for cheap) but please feel free to prove me wrong. If you decide to tackle it yo self take lots of pictures and post up, somebody will help you along over the humps.

Just to add on what Wer said, if you do your own, do one at a time so the other can be used as a reference as well as pics taken.

The cost of a rebuild done by someone else could be spent on tools, (won't cost half), and then the cost is negligible on the next, those tools will do many another job and that will save you more money

Back in the mid 70's, I used to charge $25 for just opening up the fixed pilot jets on the first Goldwings.
With today's economy and inflation, that would be about $200-250.
I don't even think you could get a decent pair of carb overhaul kits for less than $25...

Back