1974 tx650 paint question

maxdog

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a rough 1974 (according to frame number) TX650 that I am considering restoring. In all the reference material, they usually mention only the color Cinnamon Brown offered that year. However, on this site, found a catalog picture that show what appears to be another optional color, sort of an olive green color. Any one have any info on that and maybe a picture of a bike in that color. Like the green a lot better than the brown.

Attachments

• 1974 tx650 paint.pdf
    557 KB · Views: 151
I looked at a 74 dt360 picture and it seemed to have what looks like the green color offering for that year.

Its called "Vegas Green"
Some pics i found. First 2 may be the original color, the third looks to have had work done to it so who knows?

Attachments

• 102_0299.JPG
    102_0299.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 110_1016.JPG
    110_1016.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Yamaha_TX650_c1974.jpg
    Yamaha_TX650_c1974.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Thanks. So then it was an option for '74? In USA as well as elsewhere? Also, your pics seem to show a very metallic looking green, whereas the one in the ad and on enduros of same year seems almost olive and not metallic.

Thanks. So then it was an option for '74? In USA as well as elsewhere? Also, your pics seem to show a very metallic looking green, whereas the one in the ad and on enduros of same year seems almost olive and not metallic.

Done some research on the DT's, not in the mood to check out if the Yamaha DT green was actually "Vegas Green".

No, the first 2 pics are from Australia and the bikes look to be original, and the third was from Google search.

Post some pics for reference or comparison.

Thanks. Does anyone know if this was an optional paint color in the US? Never seen a picture with one in this color. Does anyone have a picture?

Hi all,
I have a rough 1974 (according to frame number) TX650 that I am considering restoring. In all the reference material, they usually mention only the color Cinnamon Brown offered that year. However, on this site, found a catalog picture that show what appears to be another optional color, sort of an olive green color. Any one have any info on that and maybe a picture of a bike in that color. Like the green a lot better than the brown.

Apparently they offered the green you referenced as an overseas thing.

Its called "Vegas Green"
Some pics i found. First 2 may be the original color, the third looks to have had work done to it so who knows?

Done some research on the DT's, not in the mood to check out if the Yamaha DT green was actually "Vegas Green".

No, the first 2 pics are from Australia and the bikes look to be original, and the third was from Google search.

Post some pics for reference or comparison.

Thanks. Does anyone know if this was an optional paint color in the US? Never seen a picture with one in this color. Does anyone have a picture?

The answers are all there

Back