So.... Who wants to help me with TW200 wiring?

here's a 2001 up full size color diagram
yamaha-tw200.jpg

The factory used one TS indicator ( a bit unusual) two wires one to the left side hot, one to the right side hot. The bigger stalk bulbs on the side that isn't lit provide a ground path. Since your new dash has two separate lights, both are grounded directly.

here's a 2001 up full size color diagram

The factory used one TS indicator ( a bit unusual) two wires one to the left side hot, one to the right side hot. The bigger stalk bulbs on the side that isn't lit provide a ground path. Since your new dash has two separate lights, both are grounded directly.

Now that's a wiring diagram that I like! Where did you get that one?
The new dash doesn't have 2 separate TS indicator lights, Just one single LED light. That's why everything that I had read said that there needed to be a diode kit and a new flasher relay. This is the new speedo:
2-5-inch-black-mini-speedometer-with-black-face-and-led-indicator-lights-7.jpg

My only guess is since the new speedo only has the one indicator it has "cross" diodes, and was designed to be wired exactly like the TW stock unit, sometimes it's better to be lucky than skilled. Only other guess is that the flasher had already been swapped to an electronic unit somewhere in the past. Gotta go crawl under the Royal Star pig and install a "forum suggested" suspension mod piece I made last night! Keep your gate locked BJ or you may have trespassers against you one day....

Also, I don't think that diagram is for 2001 up. I think it is for 2000 and down. Out of the 6 pin block, on my bike, for the Turn signal indicator, it's Brown/White and Brown. On the diagram above it's still Dark Green and Chocolate.

Last edited:
My only guess is since the new speedo only has the one indicator it has "cross" diodes, and was designed to be wired exactly like the TW stock unit, sometimes it's better to be lucky than skilled. Only other guess is that the flasher had already been swapped to an electronic unit somewhere in the past. Gotta go crawl under the Royal Star pig and install a "forum suggested" suspension mod piece I made last night! Keep your gate locked BJ or you may have trespassers against you one day....

Hey, if by trespasser, you mean you, then you aren't a trespasser as you have a standing invitation.

Back