1975b instrument panel

willis

xsive compulsive disorder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has ever replaced the instrument dash panel on a 1975 xsb model. Mine has some wear from the keys scraping and also has faded to brown like they all seem to do. I have found a nice reproduction unit for reasonably priced but am just wondering if anyone else has replaced this before? It looks like it is just held on with adhesives.

xsdash2.JPG

It sure looks like it would be a nice replacement. I wouldn’t be afraid to try it.

I ordered it this morning. I always thought they were supposed to be brown :doh:. That is the one part of the 75 that I really don't care for. I wish they had used a more streamlined dash panel. I think the black will be big improvement though.

I should actually thank you Mailman for helping me find this. I believe it was in your current post that you listed HVC Cycle as a source for your seat replacement. I found it while perusing their other parts they offer. I must admit I am actually a bit embarrassed though. I just went home for my lunch break and was dropping of some new handlebars I had delivered to my work. Once I started tapping on the panel, it was completely loose. I just pulled the boots off the gauges and the whole plate just litfed right off without any issues. Whatever adhesive the factory used had dried up and separated. Now I just need to decide what I am going to use to adhere the new one.

I’m happy to hear you sourced that from HVC, that just upped the confidence level. I believe them to be a quality supplier. Regarding the adhesive, if they don’t supply some form of double sided tape or something with it, I would be tempted to attach it with some drops of super glue gel?

Back