For Sale - 1977 Yamaha XS 650 standard, original. $2300 OBO

motorshag

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm selling an Original 1977 XS 650. The color is Bountiful Blue. The bike has been completely scrubbed and sorted of any issues. Carburetors have been completely disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt. The gas tank was completely de-rusted. It has not been creamed nor undergone any plating kits from Caswell. This tank is original, and rust free. That means you can run any gas you want in it, and not worry about some guys botched cream job clumping up your carburetors or petcocks. The fuel petcocks have been removed, cleaned and rebuilt. They don't leak a drop. The battery box has been removed, sand blasted, cleaned, and repainted. The air boxes have been removed, cleaned of dirt and grime, and reassembled. The bike has new handle bars, grips and risers, "not original" but attractive nonetheless.
It gives the bike a street tracker look, and handles much better than the original bars would encourage. I still have the original bars and you can have them if you purchase the XS 650. The oil had been changed, and a brand new filter was added. The bike has a new front tire. The back tire will need to be replaced sooner rather than later. The seat is original, and has had a brand new ODM seat cover installed professionally. All the lights work, turn signals head lamp and tail light. The pressure plate spring that allows the shifter to return was broken when I got the bike. That has been replaced, and the bike shifts perfectly now. This is a common problem, and no longer one for this 1977 Yamaha XS 650. The bike is in the most original condition I've ever seen one in. It starts right up with no problems. I've ridden this bike over 300 miles with no issues. This bike is a dependable runner. This bike will roll down the interstate at 80 with no problems, and can get up to 100 if that's something you're interested in. All the gauges work, speedometer and tachometer work. The bike has only 28000 miles on it. This 1977 Yamaha XS 650, is the last of the Standard 650's. That means it is more and more rare to find them. The bike is easy to work on, and very few tools are needed to keep this bike running forever. Clear title is also available.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,809
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 345
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 348
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG