For Sale - 1978 XS650 Special for Sale in Kansas Runs and Drives w/ Title

Patches

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Gentlemen-

I posted this locally on Craigslist as well. Here is the info on the bike:

I have for sale a 1978 Yamaha XS 650 Special. I had not started the bike in about a month and it started on the second kick. The bike runs and drives great. All electronics work as they should. The battery probably needs a good recharge. The motor runs good, and I wend through and gave it a good tune up. New plugs, adjusted valves, adjusted cam chain tensioner, gaped and cleaned points cleaned and synced carbs, and new fuel lines and filters. The factory gas tank has some dull dents (fixable with some body work) and the clear coat has oxidized on the top. The bike has some normal signs of wear and tear but overall is in good shape. The tires are good and there is no dry rot or anything like that. I have the title for this bike and it is recent in Sedgwick county so transfer into your name will not be a problem.

I have built and rebuilt many XS650 motors. I build XS bobbers for people on the side to keep me busy during the nights and weekends. I currently have 15 or so of these bikes in various stages of completion. Some would be great candidates for bobbers or project bikes. You can drop me a PM if you are looking for a titled non running bike with a good motor for a project bike as well. I will be selling off a good amount of my collection to finance a new Miller TIG welder so I can improve my welding as I build more bikes for others and myself. This is the first bike that I am selling. There will be others that will be sold as titled non running rollers, titled running rollers, and parts bikes. Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions. I have just about every year available. You can pick wheels if you want spoke or mag. I also have a couple of the rare XS1 front drum brakes and lots of aftermarket parts for XS650's like performance carbs, rejetted carbs, air filters, tanks you name it. For some reason I decided to corner the market on the XS650 in Kansas, but now that I have decided to get a TIG some of this stuff has to go.

I am local in Wichita, but have a 913 number. Feel free to give me a shout or shoot me a PM: (913) 645-9670

$950

398201321.jpg

398201320.jpg

Congrats Patches! Well done....Patches Running Rescue Numero XXX and very reasonably priced with title. Best, Blue (wish I was closer)

Thanks buddy. Unfortunately I will not get all of them back on the road, but some will be perfect project bikes for people to to build bobbers or cafe racers. I have several with title and good motors. Getting a TIG is my main priority right now. I will be finishing up a bike for a guy in Denver in a little bit and I'll post some pics too.

Patches, if you come across a 77-78 frame with title, iam in the market.

respectfully,
Leon

Posted via Mobile

I have a roller with titled frame, good motor, and pretty much complete. Probably wouldn't take much to get it running. I was going to get it going after I get a 72 BSA Lightning project running and sold.

FWIW I'll be putting the lightning for sale up on the forum in a week or two. It's should be running with title and it's going to be a great ride for someone looking for a Brit bike.