1979 "Keep It Simple" build

So I picked up a different breather last week and was wondering if there is anything different besides the overall size? Are they interchangeable? I would prefer using the smaller one of I can...

20130623_143428_zps0da7fed7.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Seriously a great paint job on that engine. I mean, WOW. I was dumb enough to discard the small plate that goes inside the small breather so now I'm debating on acquiring a new one from Heiden Tunning from Holland or buying one for $45 off eBay (smaller one) and just interchanging the inner plate. IMO I would go with the smaller one. However I will just be attaching a small filter from MotoLanna on it.

I like what you are doing with bike. Better than new I call it. It is refreshing seeing a well done project. Nice work, like cases and the motor improvements. The small breather will work and it gives extra room, makes carb changes easier. Yamaha improvement over 2 hole breather. I would use it. I would have the valve springs checked for specifications sometimes overlooked. I replaced mine with R/D springs from Hoos Racing his advice. Looking foreword to updates. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the support guys! The engine is basically done at this point, sitting on the bench waiting for the frame to get back from the powder coat. I did go with the smaller breather and also did the mod to it by reaming the vent hole and reshaping the baffle. I will hopefully be starting assembly very soon!

I got all my stuff back from powder coat and man does it look pretty! Got some new rubber around the wheels and new bearings in them...

20131129_140602_zpseb85baf5.jpg

I have been also trying to figure out a good replacement for the stock rear shocks, I hear that the ones at mikes are not worth it. I ran across these and was wondering if anyone had experience with the TEC brand?

Thanks for the input guys!

Work on the bike has been painfully slow, but at least I have ordered just about all of the last bits and am able to do a little assembly here and there. Brake calipers and master cylinders are all ready to go once I get my lines.
20131211_205538_zpshm7kbv2i.jpg

20131211_205508_zpsitmikmgt.jpg

Also got my controls all mocked up on the bar, clean and simple!
20131223_194251_zpsxvn2go7b.jpg

Swing arm got new bushings and lots of waterproof grease gooped inside. Once I get the swing arm bolt flushed and re-packed I will be damn near a roller! :bike:
20131223_211954_zpscc0moelr.jpg

I just found this thread; everything looks great! Excited to see it as a roller:bike:

Thanks, me too!

Looking really good, is your swing arm and calipers painted or powder coated? Really like the finish that's been acheived.

All of the black is powder coat, it is what they call 20% gloss black. It basically looks like a satin finish and mine was also double coated so it is very thick.

Sweet project!!!! I like the aggresive rear tire on those mags

Thanks! I was actually thinking of going more aggressive with a set of Shinko 705s but decided to stick with something a bit more mild for this build.

I have TEC shocks on my 650 and my Bonneville T100. Mine are not the gas shocks, but they are a huge improvement over the stock shocks.

Back