For Sale - 1980 XS650 cafe style

smalls

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, i'm posting up my latest project for sale. I've done most of the work I'd like to do, but it still needs a little more. I don't have as much time to finish it so I'm posting to see if anyone is looking for a ride-able project to work on over winter. I have put about 200 miles on it as it sits.

Some things done to it:
Kick start only, starter deleted, battery-less (68,000 uF capacitor)
LED tail light
Trailtech tach/speedo
PMA
PAMCO
EX500 carbs and UNI filters
Koni 13.25" rear shocks for a BMW R/5 (rebuilt with a kit from Ikon)
Forks rebuilt (Minton mods with straight rate Harley springs)
Front brembo caliper
rear TX750 wheel with new pads
Cone Engineering 2in "quiet-er" reverse cone muffler
Custom 2-into-1 exhaust with ultra-high temp paint and heat wrap
32T rear sprocket

I made the wiring harness, built the seat pan and did the upholstery. The pan is unfinished right now. All electronics are in the tail. With the engine cold it will start on the second kick, hot it only takes one. The jetting for these carbs was tricky with this muffler on there, but it runs very well.

Whats left: Front rim has a dent, which I have a replacement rim and new spokes to go with it. The rear blinkers need mounts, could use a stronger flywheel for better idle voltage. I have LED's that need to be wired for hi/low beam, neutral, and blinker indications. Thats pretty much it other than paint or powdercoating.

I am asking $2600 for it. It does have a good title and about 13k miles, I will not part anything out, and I'm not looking for any trades (but some things I would consider is a partial trade for a harley basket case/project, or a MAC 4-to-1 exhaust for a 1980 CB750F). I would also consider negotiating a price to do some of the remaining work.

Thanks for looking.
-Andy

20140924_184540.jpg

20140924_184559.jpg

20140924_184703.jpg

20140924_184550.jpg

20140924_184641.jpg

Last edited:
any interest or offers

some additional things not listed:
brass swing arm bushings
tapered neck bearings