For Sale - 1980 XS650 - Nice Original and Complete. North Carolina

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Picked this one up a while back, and just haven't had time to mess with it. All original minus the seat setup. Kinda like the seat on it as is. It's 31 years old, so keep that in mind.

Chrome is great, spokes aren't rusty at all, and this bike will run pretty good. I don't keep the battery up on it, might need a new battery. Swingarm bushings are sloppy, but i have another swingarm with bronze bushing that can go with it... Right side muffler has some scrapes on the bottom of it. 12K miles - Shes a bit dirty from sitting on my gravel driveway in the rain, but has been in storage ever since... Good tires. I'd probably bleed the brakes and do all the normal maintenance stuff and ride this one to death :)

This thing still has all the factory bolt covers, wire ties, etc... :D

100_7044.jpg

100_7043.jpg

100_7041.jpg

100_7039.jpg

100_7038.jpg

100_7042.jpg

$1800 FIRM or I'll just keep it :)

Last edited:
Also want to know more about the seat. That seat makes the bike look a ton better. I am now on the search for this seat. I could not find the same one doing a search for XV250.. How does that sit fit the bike?

Last edited:
How well does it "fit" is it rigged in there to stay on? Want to swap seats? I have a 83 seat that looks great.

anyone else have any ideas where this if from?

Punkskalar, how does the seat fit the bike though? is it rigged on there? sorry I just really like the way that bike looks on the same bike I have.

Punkskalar, how does the seat fit the bike though? is it rigged on there? sorry I just really like the way that bike looks on the same bike I have.

Don't know, I haven't taken it off, or even looked at it all that closely. It seems to fit well. The bike stays in my storage facility, so I don't look at it all that often...

Back