For Sale - 1981 xs Yamaha 650/ needs battery

jollyroger69

Heather
Reaction score
Beautiful bike. Red and black with good title. Garage kept. New Avon tires. Electric as well as kick start. Asking 3,000/OBO

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
I guess I need to confess I was being a bit snarky. Buyers will expect a $4500 hundred dollar XS650 to be turn key, get on and ride with no issues or needs. They will also want to see 5 or 6 large clear photos and a list of all the work and parts that make this 30 year old Japanese 650 motorcycle worth $4500.

Punkskalar's iconic bobber went to about 5500 on an ebay auction (didn't meet reserve) and that bike is an extremely well built custom with fresh engine, known world wide.

I didn't remember at first but this is from your dad's XS stuff in a storage garage?

It appears you have a nice, mostly stock 1979 XS650 Special that currently is not running. By euro front end do you mean dual disks? On that limited info I would guess $2500 running well.

I am trying to be helpful and perhaps adjust your expectations to a reasonable level.
and or suggest what you might need to do to find a buyer near your asking price.
Can you see where a $4500 motorcycle should have a good battery installed and be running well? A battery is about $45.00

Look at this member's eBay ad to see what I mean about info and perhaps watch how the bidding goes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111201790095...095%26_rdc%3D1

This is a list of completed ebay auctions, green=sold Red=didn't sell.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Motorcycles-/6024/i.html?_from=R40&_vxp=mtr&_nkw=xs650&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
While auctions go all over the place on selling price, a long list like this helps give an idea of market value.
In the XS world the earlier standard motorcycles bring the best money stock. Full "runs perfectly" customs with good documentation also tend to do well.

Ok thank you for your help. I guess I set it so high because of sentimental reasons. my bad. I said euro front end because a guy from a bike shop told me that he would have had to special order it. I am not trying to pretend I know anything about any bikes. I wish I had listened more to my dad when he talked about them. My loss. I just know how much money and time he invested in them. I thought that someone might appreciate them as much as he did. I guess I set it kinda high for that same reason. I did not want some punk kid getting one and trash it. I did put OBO. I am willing to compromise on the price. Also to be honest I am having a super hard time trying to figure out how to list and get my pictures up. It took me all day just to get the two up. I will try another sight. Thank you for taking your time to help me. May you and your family be blessed. Happy Halloween!

Back