1981 XS650 misfiring VIDEO

These are "earth" magnets.. so they should have been fine. I'm glad it worked, I had the smae problem and could not understand why you were having a problem. I'm glad this got it fixed. Did you JD weld it on?

I initially secured it with super glue. Once I knew it worked it put epoxy around the sides to secure it even more.

Update:

I was out riding the bike today. After about an hour the bike mysteriously died while driving at high speed. It restarted and rode fine, but kept dying every few minutes or so. Eventually it turned into the previous problem, misfiring and refusing to rev past 2K rpms. I checked the rotor and the magnet had come off. The epoxy securing the magnet was gooey and gel-like.

So obviously the radio shack magnet fixes it, but I'm a little worried about using it as a permanent fix. I used a general epoxy made by Locktite to secure the magnet. What has everyone else used? Obviously it gets very hot and there is a lot of vibration on the rotor. Does anyone have any ideas about a high temp adhesive?

Thanks in advance.

Back