For Sale - 1982 XS650 Heritage Special

Jeffodman

XS650 Member
Reaction score
*SOLD*

This survivor starts right up and runs great for cruising around town. Original miles will be updated here shortly. Always garaged.
Currently needs a carb tune for that perfect ride, but runs well regardless.
Asking 1,500 obo.

An abbreviated list of new parts and work put in over the last couple years:

- Carbs cleaned/rebuilt.
- New Metzler tires (less than 50 miles).
- Spokes adjusted and wheels balanced
- Petcock, non-vacuum
- Front wheel bearing
- Fuel line T piece
- Standard handlebars (buckhorn style was stock for this year)
- Brake master cylinder
- Swing arm pivot bolt
- Brake caliper piston
- Front brake line
- New drive chain
- New battery
- Clutch push rod oil seal
- Starter gear

Also included:
- Most of a gasket set
- Old handlebars
- Hayne's manual
- Extra clutch pushrod oil seal
- Extra fuses
- Extra grease fittings
- Road wrench kit
- etc

I also have a '83 parts bike to throw in if desired.

View attachment 121451 View attachment 121452 View attachment 121453 View attachment 121454 View attachment 121455

Last edited:
Are you willing to sell any parts from your 73 or do you want to sell it as a complete parts bike?

I'd be interested in the whole parts bike but shipping up to Canada would be..........:yikes:

Are you willing to sell any parts from your 73 or do you want to sell it as a complete parts bike?

I'd be interested in the whole parts bike but shipping up to Canada would be..........:yikes:

Sorry, meant to write an '83 parts bike..typo is now fixed.

That's not the original speedometer. Stock '82 speedo was the EPA model with 55mph in red. That one is a '78 or '79 Special speedo. Caveat emptor.
Wow, you're right, I didn't know. Sorry for the misinformation. I just talked to my dad (who owned this before me) and he confirmed that these are not original miles but he does have the original speedo and is looking for it. I'll update this when I have the actual miles. My ignorance, my bad.

Back