Make Offer - 2 into 1 exhaust

lopejd01

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wanting to go with a different exhaust on my bike for what I'm working on so I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in the one on my bike. It was just put on by the guy I got the bike from. The chrome looks great but the headers are blue. I've got a roll of exhaust wrap that would go with it.

I'm not even sure of a ballpark fair price to ask as this is my first bike. Make me an offer if you would like, if I can get a good amount toward a new exhaust I'll sell it. Otherwise I'll just make it work.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 207
Aftermarket pipes almost always blue if they are of single wall construction, as most replacement XS650 pipes are. I think the bluing looks awesome.

Aftermarket pipes almost always blue if they are of single wall construction, as most replacement XS650 pipes are. I think the bluing looks awesome.

When I first put my cheapo aftermarket pipes on my XS they turned brilliantly blue like the pipe in the picture above but after I rejetted the carbs richer most of the blue went away without my doing anything to the pipes.

The bike in the picture is lean. Or was lean.

Ya, I've heard both about pipes- single wall and running lean. Cant tell you if these pipes are single wall or not but the bike is definitely running lean. the carbs need rejetted bad. I've only ridden it about 20 times and I've had to clean the spark plugs twice from the popping.

I've got everyones pms. I dont know what these pipes are worth and the offers ive got are probably reasonable offers but I wouldn't be able to afford the new exhaust with them. I'll leave this up for another day or so but I'll probably just endup keeping them untill I get some more funds together.

honestly, that is the proper exhaust for the bike in it's current configuration. It's as good a system as you could hope to have. I've read that people use vinegar or a product called "blu-away" to wipe off the blue oxides.

if it is running so lean you should quit riding it till you can get your carb vacuum balance checked, timing adjusted, and/or carbs re-jetted. Running a bike hard when isnt right can be damaging. Lean conditions cause an engine to run much hotter than normal which can cause unnecessary wear And even if you have a mechanic do the stuff for you those things I mentioned only take about an hour and the only cost in parts might be about $5-6 for jets... if you get the chance to watch what the techs do to your bike in the shop you may learn something:thumbsup:

good luck!:bike:

p.s. seriously, if it's running that bad dont ride it anywhere except to your nearest local motorbike shop. you'll be much happier when it run the way it's supposed to

Haven't road it in over a month, I'm rebuilding it (to a degree). Bought it running lean like that, the most I rode it (20 times is probably too high of a number) is down and back my ally.

When you get it rejetted much of the blue will go away in a few days and you'll be amazed how much better it will run. I've got a set of pipes just like yours that I used to run but I replaced them with super quite 2 into 2s. I'm saving the 2 into 1 headers for a rigid chopper/bobber I'm building.

Back