2 into 1 intake tunning write up, TeeCat where you at

Stone

Just Livin
Reaction score
I thought I would contribute some more info and experience with one of Wiseguys 2 into 1 intakes. Anyways I finally got off my ass and started the task of tuning the carb which is a Mikuni 36 VM.

We originally started with a the needle and needle jet that came in the carb as well as a 190 main jet
22.5 pilot jet
clip in the middle on the needle
A/f screw 2 turns out.
Air jet: removed (and has yet to go back in)

Started first kick with the choke on nearly every time, but couldnt stay running with out it. :thumbsdown:

after re-reading all of TC's threads and the readings others posted we decided to order some jets, holyshit those little fuckers add up. :shootme:
25 and 27.5 PJ
200 MJ
159-P8 needle jet
6F9 needle
and a few others just for kicks

I figured since TC's recipe was working for him I would give it a shot. with the 25 PJ and 200 MJ (original needle and needle jet because the new ones had not come in yet) A/F screw 1.5 turns out, the bike fired right up and was noticeably happier at idle and idled great! It still struggled under a hard crack on the throttle but seemed to be happier. After playing with the needle and A/F screw and having the carb backfire through the pod filter a couple times it seemed to be a little better but still not as responsive as I wanted it to be.

Current Jetting as of an hour ago,
25 PJ
200 MJ
159-P8 Needle Jet
6F9 Needle Clip in position 4
Air Jet Removed
A/F Screw 1.5 turns out

Bike Idles well and takes throttle well although I am still not 100% satisfied with the throttle response and will most likely end up playing with the tuning more.

Someone also brought up the fact that the pod is so close to the exhaust but its not really THAT close and I think ill feel that one out later after it has some miles on it so for now it'll stay the same :shrug:

I wasnt able to take the bike out today with all the rain and theres still some other details to take care of but hopefully its all down hill from here

Photobuckets jacked up but heres an old pic for those interested

IMG_1243.jpg

That looks like a crazy setup. I'm new here, btw. Any links you can post for more info on that? And yes, I'll start with the search button too. Hahah

wow. that is a long ways for the fuel charge to travel before it gets to the motor. no wonder it isnt happr when you whack the throttle open.
that intake reminds me of the down tube(exhaust) on my honda.

wow. that is a long ways for the fuel charge to travel before it gets to the motor. no wonder it isnt happr when you whack the throttle open.
that intake reminds me of the down tube(exhaust) on my honda.

I thought the same thing.

I can see the appeal of these intakes as the do look different, and kinda neat, but I do not see how they could benefit the motor performance wise. Having that air and fuel make a 180 degree turn and travel such a long distance just seems counterproductive to me.

All valid points fellas. Then again modify something isn't always for performance purposes. Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

Stone, just saw this!

Good going, mate! I love the look of your setup, and it seems as if you're on the road (sorry :p) to getting her dialed in! :)

When I first started up my bike after the conversion, with the stock needle and needle jet, she would not stay running for more than a few seconds, even with the choke, and the bell would get damp with fuel. Way to fat. Once griz pointed me toward a proper needle/needle jet combo, all that misbehavior stopped, and I was able to think about jetting. I think I'm right about where I want to be now.

Once you get the proper needle/needle jet, I'll bet you'll notice vast improvement.

With that manifold, it does seem that the fuel charge has to travel a long way when you open the throttle quickly, but joe wiseguy seems to have that sorted. Have you gotten his input on that issue?

Following this thread! :)

TC

Small update: took the bike out for well...the first time really since I tore it apart last fall. I had the needle still in the 4th clip and at higher RPMs it seems to cut out a bit and at the end of my little spin she popped at me a bit. But majority of the ride whenever I let off the throttle (still in gear) the bike just rumbled as the RPMs came down. Hmmm

I'm motivated now, I've missed riding.

Ok I lied. No longer motivated. Broke a weld on the exhaust pipe last ride and noticed the battery was leaving acid puddles AGAIN after a brand frickin new reg/rec.

Fast forward to today, T_euge welded the exhaust back together and with a brand new battery (the one in there was an old one) and a 210 main jet installed, I headed out. well I didnt even make it three miles and the bike died. wouldnt re start, started walkin, it started raining... you get the point.

Maybe I'm the lucky one. My 2-1 setup is 93% perfect. Just got a new pilot jet today that hopefully will get it right on. I'm running a new 36mm mukuni, 185mj, 25 pilot (changing to 27.5), stock needle and needle vavle,clip in middle, air screw 3\4 out (that's why I'm going up on the pj),velocity stack with no filter, air jet completely removed.
mine idels perfect,pulls hard and is real clean on the top end. My only problem is it being real jerky ane doesn't hold a steady speed real well at mid range rpm.
I don't have the long intake like yours though.

that long intake is killing you. IMO, that intake is for drag racing. I.E.-wide open throttle. have you tried just throttleing the fuk outtta it?

My jetting isnt the big issue, the bike starts great, comes off the choke well, idles great.

im having electrical issues that im tired of trying to solve. The battery keeps being over charged or something and leaves acid puddles on the floor....

Back