20 things your kids will never learn or understand!!

Oil bath air cleaners.

Back in my day.JPG

Last edited:
Oil bath air cleaners.

Two of my tractors have oil bath air cleaners on them. None of my kids, and only 1 of my grandkids would know an air cleaner element if it landed on their foot, much less an oil bath air cleaner.

Last edited:
New air cooled VW's
Chevy Corvairs and Greenbrier's
cotton fiber kite string
DDT fogging vans
Stick and paper kites
Running first cars that cost under $250
Waveing at VW's and other motorcyclist
Shaving cream signs

Popeye road game? Two laps up on your jeans? All of the others I saw or did or heard of from "back in the day".

'Popeye' could only be played at night. A 'popeye' was a car with only one headlight. The first one to see it and holler 'popeye' could slug the other one on the shoulder. Origin of 'popeye':

popeye1.gif

Come to think of it, today's kids don't have any real idea of who he and Olive Oyl, Bluto, Wimpy and that weird kid Swee' Pea are.

Mikuni/Weber sidedrafts , way better then fuel injection.

why a 1980 toyota corolla gets 40mpg and new technology cars in 2013 dont.

The U.S.S.R.

Was helping my kids with European geography and they have a whole slew of countries to identity. When I was in school half of Europe was USSR.

Posted via Mobile

I remember 48 stars on the U.S. flag.
Then for a short period of time, 49 stars.
Later, there was talk and preparations for a 51 star flag.

Guess what came of that?

Inner tube sling shots.
Wooden thread spools essential for wheels.
Cow towns (OK Corral) built from tree twigs.
Parking the horse in the pond so you have something to jump off of.
Cap guns with the paper cap rolls, not the newer plastic primer cap type.
The energy released when you put a whole roll of caps on a rock and hit it with another.
Darts made with wooden matches and straight pins.
A big button on a circle of feed sack string.
Skate boards built from a steel wheel roller skate.
Walking a mile to school and having to cross the mother road (US 66 highway) on the way
Yo-Yo's
Getting to go up town in high school to eat lunch.
Greasy spoon hamburger joints with only 6-12 stools to sit on.

Yup, we had a smoking area ( lounge ) in high school , was out door but had a roof and 3 walls and held about 300 no problem ,and we used to smoke more than cigs there if you know what I mean .... hell, even junior high had an unofficial smoking area ,teachers knew about it, was behind the portables, but they never bothered us... we also went off campus whenever we felt like it , had some great greasy spoon diners near by and ,in high school there was a place that would serve us beer as long as you looked 18 .

Back