2013 xs650 build off bikes

Got in touch with Dan, at 7 Metal West, over the weekend. Fender is ordered!

Seat, tank, and exhaust are left to order. Seat and Tank should be ordered before Christmas and exhaust will be ordered before mid Jan. Once these last parts arrive its time to chop =)

Got my rear shinko installed and my sparx cap came in... Engine and tins should be done in about a week. uploadfromtaptalk1355452274286.jpg

Looking good LIVINGDEAD... hope we can get up to EL and see it in person in a few weeks.... gotta get some conduit this week and finish my mock up, then get the tube and head up your way. I guess then I will have to share the final design, since you're helping us out with a shop day.

so i got a few parts for the bike 2day. im go'n to swap the drum out for a disc set up. i did alittle trade'n with h3llb3nt1. so now i have all the stuff to do the swap. im not a fan of disc brakes but im not a fan of front brakes either but im run'n dual disc. next thing is new shocks and a speedo other things that i have alot of cuz they dont fit my stripped down bobber style. i have to say i dont rember the last time i had front brakes and a speedo on bike and now i rember way i stopped use'n them to much extra bs but im try'n to
change it up from my norm.

20121216_150514_zpsadd3c0b2.jpg

20121216_150557_zps9b9df0cd.jpg

Holy cow I haven't done barely anything!

Great job by all the other competitors, lots of cool stuff happening.

Here's my tiny update. I finally got my small metal shed assembled and moved all my bikes out to that so I can actually work in my shop again, sheesh! I also picked up an LS engine that I'm trying to swap into my truck so I've been fiddling with that, but now I'm back on the fat tracker, gotta finish this thing up!

Dramatically cut down my old fender to make a mud guard for the swingarm:

DSCN2282.jpg

Came up with an idea for mounting the footpegs:

DSCN2287.jpg

I'm thinking this will work, just need to tack them in place, then see if I can still get the engine out :)

No pictures but I welded up one of the holes in the upper triple for the riser because it wasn't in the right spot then sanded it down and redrilled it. So the bars are finally straight.

Tossed the headlight back on to see how it looks. I really think I'm going to make a new headlight bracket though, this old one is just too clunky for this bike:

DSCN2284.jpg

DSCN2286.jpg

Anyway, that's where I'm at currently, hope to get the tail section skinned up with sheetmetal and mounted soon.

Keep up the good work guys!

That's looking good. Don't count me out yet. Actually got some work done on the frame this weekend and my chain and tensioner arrived from Monster so I can work on the rear wheel set up. I just need to take some pictures. Can't seem to decide on the front setup yet either. I've got an R6 front end, an XS setup with a 21" front or the shovel head wheels. It will come to me after I figure out the rear.

Just finishing up the last of the details on a killer new frame design, hoping to start at the end of January. I have a new found love for invader wheels. The random thought notebook I carry around in my pocket is getting pretty full.

Posted via Mobile

Holy cow I haven't done barely anything!

Great job by all the other competitors, lots of cool stuff happening.

Here's my tiny update. I finally got my small metal shed assembled and moved all my bikes out to that so I can actually work in my shop again, sheesh! I also picked up an LS engine that I'm trying to swap into my truck so I've been fiddling with that, but now I'm back on the fat tracker, gotta finish this thing up!

Dramatically cut down my old fender to make a mud guard for the swingarm:

DSCN2282.jpg

Came up with an idea for mounting the footpegs:

DSCN2287.jpg

I'm thinking this will work, just need to tack them in place, then see if I can still get the engine out :)

No pictures but I welded up one of the holes in the upper triple for the riser because it wasn't in the right spot then sanded it down and redrilled it. So the bars are finally straight.

Tossed the headlight back on to see how it looks. I really think I'm going to make a new headlight bracket though, this old one is just too clunky for this bike:

DSCN2284.jpg

DSCN2286.jpg

Anyway, that's where I'm at currently, hope to get the tail section skinned up with sheetmetal and mounted soon.

Keep up the good work guys!

how the hell have I missed this :thumbsup:

Came home to a box (one or some of everything he makes) compliments of Hugh today.... Hugh is an amazing man. Thanks again Hugh!

I didn't realize your screen name until just now - super stoked the winner also happens to be in the Chop-Off...

If anyone else in the Chop-Off needs HHB goodies, hit me up and I'll give ya discount...

I didn't realize your screen name until just now - super stoked the winner also happens to be in the Chop-Off...

If anyone else in the Chop-Off needs HHB goodies, hit me up and I'll give ya discount...

Hugh, I got about $50.... but need everything LIVINGDEAD got.... but really I need a speedo eliminator and I dream of a full tilt PMA/Pamco set up for my 75.....

Hugh, I've been meaning to give you a call. I'm not far from you in Greenville, SC. I'm trying to get to the point where I can pull my mock up motor and bring you the crank and cam. Need a rephase on the shelf for the next one. And on course I've got a list of stuff I need for this project.

Hell yeah man I like the frame cant waIt to see It up and go'n theres a swap In springfeild on the 6th I think.

And I got a tig for Xmas! Now I don't have to drag shit to work to get nice welds

Back