2013 xs650 build off bikes

You know You are going to get lots of bugs in Your teeth if Ya don't wear a full faced helmet while riding Your bike.
That smile on Your face will go from ear to ear!
Lookin Mighty Fine!
full

ok so i got the lab top work'n again and now can show you the new home of my xs motor! its a kz400 frame the i'll be make all new motor mount for sure and make'n a vintage style cafe. the roller is almost 25lbs lighter the stock xs2 rolling frame i have in my lil shop. its go'n to be a runner...lol plus im go'n to be rebuild'n the motor on this one with some goodies to my a real screamer. i wanted to be true to the brit cafe from by use'n a smaller and lighter frame and a motor that had more aftermarket hot rod parts. like the brit's did with the triton a triumph motor and a norton frame. so it's time to ton up for this chopper guy!
20130224_190925_zps9616ca04.jpg

ok been awhile, the heater in the shop has given up the ghost, this is a Feb and a March check in.....
my son put together a 21 inch front wheel on his own take a peek....

Attachments

• DSC00364.jpg
    DSC00364.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00365.jpg
    DSC00365.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 107
Today we started cutting the frame
A little nervous bout raking the neck but here goes nothing.....
Can anyone answer is the large single frame tube under gas tank 1.5inch x .120 wall ???
Thanks guy's

Attachments

• DSC00356.jpg
    DSC00356.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00358.jpg
    DSC00358.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00360.jpg
    DSC00360.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00359.jpg
    DSC00359.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 130
finally got a chance to do the finish work on my bars...pretty happy with the result. fingers crossed this will be the last week of me working for the man and going forward only be self employed....if thats the case I sould be able to get moving on this thing! oh I also made a weld on kick stand from a cb750 kick stand...I installed that on my frame and and actually got to see it in the sun this weekend!
uploadfromtaptalk1363021925607.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1363021956292.jpg

Just checkin in.

You guys are doing some great work. You all might have start another build at the rate you're going.

I'm jealous. I'm still wiring.

finally got a chance to do the finish work on my bars...pretty happy with the result. fingers crossed this will be the last week of me working for the man and going forward only be self employed....if thats the case I sould be able to get moving on this thing! oh I also made a weld on kick stand from a cb750 kick stand...I installed that on my frame and and actually got to see it in the sun this weekend!
View attachment 27264
View attachment 27265

Mad skills man. You certainly have what it takes to make it. Good luck. Not everyone gets to follow their passions and make money at it :bike:

Just checkin in.

You guys are doing some great work. You all might have start another build at the rate you're going.

I'm jealous. I'm still wiring.

Still wiring? Doesnt that mean your almost done? :bike:

Irish, that tank is f'n rad. What is it?

2013-01-21140054_zps6254f465.jpg

heres my frame now... will be working on my frontend this weekend. still quite a ways to go on the frame, mount brackets to be made, and seat mount to figure out... slow going since my welder got a day job. lol

imagejpeg_2_2_zpsa5b49982.jpg

this is a mock up of how I plan on it looking.. used PVC pipe to mock it up... cheaper than steel.

Last edited:
Back