2013 xs650 build off bikes

.I haven't seen anything yet that seems "par for the course" in this build off... I respect everyone of you for building it YOUR way... mine won't be everyones favorite, but it will be something that I created, and am proud of... can't wait to ride with you all. QUOTE]
In golf par for the course is a great score. Not many people %wise can do it.
It was a compement. I know his work.
But I didn't slander or take away from any one of you in this build.
I sure hope You didn't take it that way.
I don't play like that. + as far as I know I have only had good things to say about what You Guys have posted.:shrug:

Apparently I had a poor choice of words earlier..... What I was trying to say, was that I have not seen any of the same old bikes being built, that it seems that every participant has chosen to build a much more original machine, rather than the, seemingly, typical TC hard tail and sporty tank... not that there's anything wrong with builds like that....... I never meant anything as an insult or a jab at anyone..... this is my first complete build, and my mock up is only partially completed... and I started to have second thought about parts of it... especially after seeing the progress in the past few days..

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I am really looking forward to this entire experience, especially the gathering and ride.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings. I doubt I will even place in this build-off, but we are already making plans for the next one... if we do well enough to be selected again (assuming there is another)

For me it's the people more than the machines. I can't wait to shake hand with everyone... And build a bad ass ride in the process. Everyone is doing a killer job. :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

No offense here brother... I was on the same page... Anyways more bike talk! Also I feel like I've gained some close friends with this... Can't wait to meet up with everyone and kick it! I love seeing everyone's progress!

My tank! Still needs clear but I fucking love it! View attachment 23969

Uhhhh..... DAMN!

Astounding, if's there's an area where I have no talent it's paint.

Nice work again guys! My wife and kid went on a trip for a week or so, I gotta stay home and work, so that means I should get a bunch of time out in the garage. Hoping to make some serious progress over the weekend.

Thanks for all the positive comments on my project guys. Remember it's going to be for sale when it's done! :)

That paint kicks ass!

And my last post was a joke That's why I put in there lmao... I was just play'n. I think the post will start pop up more after people get there taxes done and have alot more cash to play with. At least that's what happend when I did the horses A.C.O. last year. I just got to get some bikes done so I have room in the shop. Then it's game time with this bike.

Posted via Mobile

By the way, I'm really in need of a good condition engine case cover for the clutch side, anyone have one kicking around for a good price?

also I cant decide if I want to run this springer I have or go back to my stock shaved front end....I have everything that hugh makes to go on said stock front end. I would need to machine a stem and bar mounts for the springer.

IF you decide you want to get rid of that thing let me know. I have a second bike started that I would lie to put one on.

I'm a little new around here.....what are the details of the build-off, and how were builders entered/selected?

I put a post up ask'n if anyone would want to do it. Some poeple said yes and we started build'n bikes. Theres a post on the event page that goes I to detail alittle more.

Posted via Mobile

I have mounted the fender and sissybar
full
full

Ok so now that im back in Canada, heres an update on my build..

Im still riding! Ahh I cant help myself..

Attachments

• 58676_10151206235007102_1170470050_n.jpg
    58676_10151206235007102_1170470050_n.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 105
Busy makin some extra money the last week or so..... gotta work a few hours early tomorrow, then its back to the mock-up... get that done, and hopefully go see/meet LIVINGDEAD around the 19th, and get some steel bent.
BTW, LivingDead, do you have an arbor press?

livingdeadmc,thanks Man.
That tank and fender is so badass! damnit Man! I green with envy.
It will be sometime before I'm ready for paint
I'm starting to get a feal for what mine is going to look like
here is my seat
full

back to front
full

side shot
full

Back