1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured 2020 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Travis, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Mailman

84 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. rehar

66 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. Jim

40 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. MrBultaco

49 vote(s)
    36.0%
  5. halfmile

65 vote(s)
    47.8%
  6. phil1rowe4

45 vote(s)
    33.1%
  7. canuck1969

40 vote(s)
    29.4%
  8. Wolds

38 vote(s)
    27.9%
  9. 79josh81

33 vote(s)
    24.3%
  10. Grimmith

6 vote(s)
    4.4%
  11. motormike

26 vote(s)
    19.1%
  12. Raymondo

40 vote(s)
    29.4%
  13. ThatXS650Guy

38 vote(s)
    27.9%
  14. Lakeview

30 vote(s)
    22.1%
  15. YamadudeXS650C

55 vote(s)
    40.4%
  16. tzimmerm

38 vote(s)
    27.9%
  17. Cafefill "Special Two"

27 vote(s)
    19.9%
  18. Xsevive

60 vote(s)
    44.1%
  19. Lunarnighthawk

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  20. eric92

31 vote(s)
    22.8%
  21. Cafefill

37 vote(s)
    27.2%
  22. xjwmx

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  23. the-oz-slider

27 vote(s)
    19.9%
  24. Anders JB

59 vote(s)
    43.4%
  25. Dune19670

32 vote(s)
    23.5%
  26. dj_elite

24 vote(s)
    17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vtwinsrgood

vtwinsrgood XS650 Enthusiast

All, fantastic. I knew it was going to be tough to vote darnit!!!
    A tribute to all who wade/venture down the road of owning/creating/building and/or maintaining a great machine!
    Thanks for putting together the calendar folks, I'll be making sure I get one this year!!!

Jim and YamadudeXS650C like this.
  2. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Me, too !
    They are a fixture in my workshop areas.

Mailman and Jim like this.
  3. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Me too! And the previous year’s calendar gets cut up for framing and becomes garage art!
    A99B1996-8D9B-488C-8E0E-608C0E868616.jpeg 10928B2B-EF90-405A-AA35-C4A58B44D2AB.jpeg

4. wolds

wolds XS650 Enthusiast XS650.com Supporter

thought I'd post a picture that i took today IMG_1352.JPG

5. Scripto VU

Scripto VU Dukes Speed and Custom

usa.
    resolute and unswerving ... chill.

Jim likes this.
  6. 79josh81

79josh81 XS650 Addict

Here’s a video that shows some of the detail a little more close up (I suggest watching it in full screen mode...sorry in advance for the video not being in wide screen).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    vtwinsrgood and Jim like this.
  7. Bewarethemoon

Bewarethemoon XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Stunning Cafefill! You’ve got my vote!

Daniel.

Jim likes this.
  8. Nigel Cowley

Nigel Cowley XS650 New Member

Rephased crank, Heiden Cam, Heiden big bore, Powerdynamo Electronic Ignition, custom pipes.

JAX71224, Jim and Mailman like this.
  9. Travis

Travis Staff Member XS650.com Supporter

Very Nice! Be sure to get in during the nomination phase next year.

gggGary, Jim and YamadudeXS650C like this.
  10. Nigel Cowley

Nigel Cowley XS650 New Member

I will... thank you!

Jim likes this.
  11. tzimmerm

tzimmerm XS650 Addict

12. fredintoon

fredintoon Fred Hill, S'toon. Top Contributor

Each and every bike looks eff nigh perfect so I went with my own prejudices.
    My aching back hates hardtails, my preferred stance don't like forward pegs and my wrists ain't on sideways so I despise pullback bars.
    I also seethe with envy of the bike builders' skills.

13. 79josh81

79josh81 XS650 Addict

I wish there was more chopper style bikes in the calendar voting process right now. Even though I pretty much have the only chopper here and may potentially not win a spot on the calendar, I wish at least other chopper style bikes were in the running that could win a month so there's something on there representing the artistry of a chopper build. I love restos, trackers, cafe builds....etc. but having a calendar that covers and shows ALL of the different styles of love we have for these bikes would really be cool. A calendar with new school choppers, old school restorations, trackers, cafe's, bobbers, scrambler style bikes all on the same calendar....now that would be an XS650 calendar that every one of us could relate to somewhere throughout it and appreciate it.

Maybe in the future we could do calendar voting with "style catagories" of these types of builds. Like 3 calendar months devoted to resto's, 3 months devoted to cafe's/tracker's, 3 months devoted to chopper's, and 3 months devoted to bobber's/brat's. Then once we have the 3 highest voted bikes in each catagory, we could stagger the styles throughout the calendar year and you'd literally have a new style for every month when you flip your calendar. Just a thought that I think would really show the versatility of these bikes and the artistry of everyone's different build styles.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Jim, G_YamTech_314, CBJamie and 2 others like this.
  14. XSevive

XSevive XS650 Enthusiast

is that the neutral light on the shift lever ? great idea. i used the same bar end lights for turn signals

79josh81 and Jim like this.
  15. I don't think this is a bad idea either, it would make the calendar a bit more competitive, but also give everyone a little taste of everything on the menu.

Josh, if its of any importance, your craftsmanship got my vote! Great build, awesome paint job, and super cool chain set up.

16. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Josh, for what it’s worth, I voted for your bike too. I appreciated all the hand craftsmanship you did. I also divided up my votes to all of the categories you mentioned. The calendar has been different from year to year. If you go back and look at some of the earlier ones you’ll see a lot of custom work in there.
    I think variety makes a more interesting calendar.

17. tzimmerm

tzimmerm XS650 Addict

I, too voted for you man. XS650chopper.com and all the XS’s in “The Horse” is what led me to fall in love with these bikes. I started with a basket case chopper that I almost finished. I have come to appreciate the beauty of these bikes in their stock form, but xs choppers will always be intrinsic to my passion. There are TONS of XS Choppers out there, but MANY of them are POORLY done garbage. It ISN’T easy to build one “right”. Yours in my opinion is very well done. You got proportions right, great aesthetic, and fat tire XS choppers are NOT common. Great build man.

79josh81 and Mailman like this.