21" rear spoked wheel on a frame with a swimgarm? input needed and appreciated

crazyorigin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking about trying to use a 21" rear wheel along with a 21" front for a project I have, but need to keep the bike setup wiTH rear suspension. My local roads are not smooth and my back is not as sturdy as it once was. I am planning to build the motor for this bike with a 750 big bore and everything else pretty much stock aside from the exhaust and some Del Ortto carbs. I am planning to extend the swingarm around 3 inches or more if I would need to in order to run a bigger wheel. I will most likely do a solo seat if I go this route so there shouldn't be any frame to worry about being in the way. I plan on using an XS front hub laced to a bigger rim.

Any input on this would be appreciated, my biggest concern will be with the angle the swingarm would sit at, I want it to be level or just tilted up slightly. Also curious to know if you thunk the 21" rear would hold up to the power of a mild 750 motor, I think it would but am no expert. I have a 21" front wheel I need to get powdercoated and lace up so I can try to mock something up to help me get more ideas.

Back