Chris Costello

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_9616.JPG
IMG_9636.JPG
IMG_9553.JPG
Check this 3D Printed xs650 engine out

OK, I'll say it.
Wow! That is awesome! Don't know if you are going to be selling copies? I'd buy one.

I've seen some of the 650 renderings others have used to obtain dimensional data. Assuming (and I don't know) you started with a decent rendering, how long until you have a reasonable product? Hours? Days? Longer? Heck, I have had projects at work sometimes that took weeks.

So if you had a 3D Revit model made from a laser scan (we just got a new $10k room capable laser scanning tool at work) of the complete side of say, an XS650, think that would be printable? I'm thinking the output would be a literally 1/2 side model of the entire bike. Or any bike. Kind of like skilled artiste-types used to make half hull boat models.

This is really cool technology.

OK, I'll say it.
Wow! That is awesome! Don't know if you are going to be selling copies? I'd buy one.

I've seen some of the 650 renderings others have used to obtain dimensional data. Assuming (and I don't know) you started with a decent rendering, how long until you have a reasonable product? Hours? Days? Longer? Heck, I have had projects at work sometimes that took weeks.

So if you had a 3D Revit model made from a laser scan (we just got a new $10k room capable laser scanning tool at work) of the complete side of say, an XS650, think that would be printable? I'm thinking the output would be a literally 1/2 side model of the entire bike. Or any bike. Kind of like skilled artiste-types used to make half hull boat models.

This is really cool technology.
I'm glad you like the model! Unfortunately I only have limited access to the machine, and I'm sure the boss man wouldn't appreciate me printing a bunch of engines with company material. However, there is a rentable 3D printer at my local library (not sure why they have it), so I could potentially print the engines, I'm just not sure if they would be high quality. On a side note if you got me a 3D Revit model of an XS650 I would be able to print that for you.

Back