4 1/2 or 5 3/4 headlight

blackstag

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question on your preferred headlight size for a 650 bob chop

I am going to be choosing to run a bottom mount bates style light; either 4 1/2 or 5 3/4

thoughts, opinions, preferred suppliers? all are welcome

If I had the money I would buy every light I can get my hands on but alas I cant....

thanks!

The thing(s) that would influence my choice of headlamp would be:

Bulk, the mount's ability to withstand the vibration, yet not amplify it to the bulb.
Inner volume, if I needed to pack wiring and connectors in there.
Depth, if I wanted to play with some future versions of LED retrofit kits, which tend to protrude rearward.

I always liked rectangular styles, but finding those with any extra depth is difficult...

Last edited:
I havent seen your build yet so I don't have it to go on .
I went with a 5 3/4" light I think it has a good old school look.
full

Thanks for the comments guys.

I am leaning towards a 5 3/4 light. As far as I can tell the 4 1/2 inch headlights usually fall within the lines of the forks whereas the 5 3/4 protrude just enough to obscure the vertical lines and help the front end from feeling too small.

"I am Carbon" your pic is what I was looking for, a front shot noting the size that you used.

5 3/4 it is. im not a fan of the too small look that the 4 1/2's seem to give the front ends on the 650s.

once again, thank you for all the photos and noting the size that you used. it really did nail down the decision for me

Back