Wanted - 650 Motor for 1980 Special Western/Southwestern MI

52Chevy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've been tearing into my bike and discovered I would need to completely rebuild my motor, which I don't really have time(or experience) for at the moment. So I was wondering if anyone had any motors they were looking to get rid of, or if you knew of any.

Thanks everyone, it's much appreciated,
Dave

Here are a few pics of the 81 motor. 21k and change

Attachments

• IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 53
THanks for the posts, sorry I haven't been on much to respond. I will have to give it some thought.
Does the exhaust come with?

No worries. Not actively trying to sell it. It is nice garage art. No sorry the exhausts are for my other chop. Take your time with what ever you decide to do. Its not going anywhere.

I have one thats just a motor. It points though,, so you would have to run it that way or buy a pamco pete and go that route,, I'm near ann arobor and I'm selling it for $150 if you have things to trad I'm all ears too. I need a solo seat, foot shifting lever and newer habdle bar controls,, Let me know,, i could meet you half way too but then again you might see something else you need here at my place.

Here is my thread,
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20486

Just so you know you can use the points engine and still used your cdi ing.you just have to change over the charging rotor and stator.if it helps. and 150 is a very good price.

I have one thats just a motor. It points though,, so you would have to run it that way or buy a pamco pete and go that route,, I'm near ann arobor and I'm selling it for $150 if you have things to trad I'm all ears too. I need a solo seat, foot shifting lever and newer habdle bar controls,, Let me know,, i could meet you half way too but then again you might see something else you need here at my place.

Here is my thread,
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20486

What year is it??

447-1 is what it looks like from the picture. Assuming the picture if of the exact motor since there are two. From my understanding of the charts its a 75.

Any reason a 75 wouldn't mount into my 80's frame? or anything to look for specifically?

Thanks for the help guys, I now have a motor. I bought the one from JasonBobb. Thanks Jason

Back