69° 27' N Latitude

Nov.15 they open a permanent road from Inuvik NWT to Tuktoyaktuk on the Arctic Ocean. Anyone up for a ride next summer? MM, I'm thinking that vstrom could use a good run.
Had to read it twice I thought you were heading that way in November!

Nov.15 they open a permanent road from Inuvik NWT to Tuktoyaktuk on the Arctic Ocean. Anyone up for a ride next summer? MM, I'm thinking that vstrom could use a good run.

Yikes! That's a looong way! And cold.....do they have a Timmies there?
image.jpeg

Yeah buddy! And a steaming hot cup of coffee to shake off 2000 miles of Tundra dust!
And a donut, gotta have a donut!

If you are serious about this, Qeenslegs, you will certainly have to keep us posted !
Mailman will buy the coffee and donuts.

There was a young lady on ADV Rider who had the idea of riding from her home in the MidWest to Anchorage. She never had a bike before (!), but she picked up some sort of '80's street bike, a Honda Magna or something like that (being short on cash), and she headed out. Essentially ill-prepared , she kept us in touch with regular updates, and she had an experience of a lifetime. We all enjoyed it, too.

Yikes! That's a looong way! And cold.....do they have a Timmies there?
View attachment 107327

Baby - Inuvik is in Canada so there IS a Timmies there!!!

We got Timmies EVERYWHERE!!! ....but that road, in November, would be pretty breezy I suspect.

OK. I`ll bite. What the hell are "grilled paninis"???

A panini is just a type of grilled sandwich made in a double sided press, a panini maker.
They are very tasty!
image.jpeg
But that's not what Tim Hortons really famous for. They are the ubiquitous donut chain of Canada.

image.jpeg

4DF640E3-0BD2-4516-8978-C92C0E19F043.jpeg
Tim Horton (1930-1974) was born in the little Northern Ontario town of Cochrane and became a Toronto Maple Leaf hockey star (he also played for Pittsburgh and Buffalo). By all reports he was an exceedingly nice guy. I may have some of this wrong but I think that story is that he died in a car crash after a game. He was driving a Detomasso Pantera sports car - and alcohol was a factor. He had been an investor in a coffee & doughnut shop in Hamilton Ontario that bore his name. The company is far larger now and in fact, there are now more Tim Hortons franchises in Canada than McDonald’s, Burger King and KFC combined.

“Timmy’s” is truly a fixture of Canadian life. They are known for great coffee (at a realistic price ....ahem...Starbucks...) and reasonably healthy (i.e. non-fried) food including good sandwiches, paninis and soups & chilli, plus of course, the baked goods.
B1A31AD2-7B91-456B-8BD9-6FF83B2549C6.jpeg

Last edited:
See what you folks would miss out on if you kill NAFTA? Timmy’s coffee, Ontario walnuts and quesadillas...

Oooopps - no politics.

Sorry, my bad.

See what you folks would miss out on if you kill NAFTA? Timmy’s coffee, Ontario walnuts and quesadillas...

Oooopps - no politics.

Sorry, my bad.
Yes, bad boy, Pete :)

Actually, Timmy tried to get a foothold here in Syracuse, but for some reason did not succeed. I was an occasional visitor; liked the donuts.
Interestingly, I haven't known until now that there were Canadian roots with Timmy; you have provided quite a background, in that regard.

As for myself, I grew up as a child with next door neighbors who were from Montreal; the Nelson family was intertwined with my own. I would go to school and kids would say, "Why do you keep saying, Eh?"

When I was in industry I worked for a company called Husky Injection Molding Systems which was based in Toronto. I became a service engineer and worked all over the US fixing big molding machines and training our customers mechanics and electricians.

After a while, my American friends started calling me “the Eh team”.

When I was in industry I worked for a company called Husky Injection Molding Systems which was based in Toronto. I became a service engineer and worked all over the US fixing big molding machines and training our customers mechanics and electricians.

After a while, my American friends started calling me “the Eh team”.
I love it !

And how do Bob and Doug spell Canada?

Back