70 on Ebay

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not a perfect bike but looks like a survivor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282487152548

70fleabay.jpg

Probably not crazy but she needs a bunch to look "decent"....

Nice. Paint looks good.
I've always wanted a '70.
I'll give it some thought, but I have 5 XS's already.....

Yeah! 5 that's just getting warmed up! Wife claims she counted 15 yesterday, I don't count anymore, um going to get one Tuesday. Guy collared me at slimy crud, asked if I was a collector, I said that's what polite people call me. He knew a widow that had an XS.... It'll be my FIRST 74 ever. Sounds pretty rough.
There's 13 motors on this shelf now, I moved a couple more after the pic and have few more to go. How did this happen? All were picked up and carried about 30' there by me, most were up on a bench, about 4 were on the floor, Grunt.
20170520_174036.jpg

I needed to do some serious shed organizing, lots more to do. 17 tires went in the van for recycling tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yeah he's a bit high but the boat to Australia is fired up and waiting. Actually I expect it will sell but probably via a near near offer.

Is that a Miata?
Dave,
Yup.
2002 with polished Hard Dog Extreme SCCA-legal roll bar, AEM cold air intake, and custom two-toned leather seats.
I did some "fairly hot" laps at Watkins Glen 2 years ago and it handled rather nicely.
RU a Miata fan/owner?

006.JPG
IMG_7696.JPG
MIATA.JPG

Actually, it's all in bits; a project that the seller feels he can not get to, and me, Mr. Optimism.
A p.o. had sprayed the tank and side panels black so I hope that it was poorly prepared, maybe I can salvage the factory paint. If not I may try a Vegas Green rendition instead of the root beer colour.

Miatas are the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I am on my second (a 2006 NC BRG) and next to Lucille, she's my sweetie.

All seriousness aside, they a genuinely good car that also happens to be a blast to drive.

...and with very litttle additional investment (hardtop, belts, roll bar) one can go full-out racing on some of the premier, Indycar-level road tracks in North America, including Mid-Ohio. [ this is not me, below ]

Last edited:
Back