70 on Ebay

I wonder if there'll be a time when:

Yamaha releases a suitable "retro heritage",

All us old-timers are moved to a "home",

And our hoarded hoards are dumped on the market,

Reducing our bikes' values to $.02 per pound...
:lmao: Ha !
A horrifying thought, but I must admit, one that has a ring of possibility in it. Look what Kawasaki did (tho unsuccessfully) with their W650. Nice looker, actually.
Somebody......please get me an Ambien......

story in pics.
She tried to stop me.
DSCN7380.JPG
Yeah like that worked.
DSCN7381.JPG

DSCN7383.JPG

DSCN7401.JPG

Could make it as a survivor.........

From a widow cleaning out a collection. Guy collared me at slimy crud, and said I know of this 74 that needs love, three weeks later....
There was a "not bad" CB1100F parked next to it.............

I wonder if there'll be a time when:

Yamaha releases a suitable "retro heritage",

All us old-timers are moved to a "home",

And our hoarded hoards are dumped on the market,

Reducing our bikes' values to $.02 per pound...
Nah, We'll never grow old or die. Pass me the vitamin I please.

There was a "not bad" CB1100F parked next to it.............

So when's the next trip back booked for?

This was a touchy feely, several folks involved deal. It may happen "one day", the seed is planted.
I HAD a pair of CB1100Fs a few years ago, One stone stock the other a bit hot rodded, should not have let them go. Only took a bit of work, and they both were runners.
cb1100f 003.jpg

But....
I just can't keep them all. The widow dispersing a collection was a gentle reminder.
If it was a CB900F I might have been more aggressive, had and raced a couple of those back in the day.

While Working on Period Piece's forks I went by the 74 a couple times and well I just had to scrub n rub a bit.
20170524_180408.jpg

I have a line on some stock mufflers.... Paint is sun burned pretty bad on top. The rims are amazing not quite sure what the deal is. Oiled the cylinders and will be kicking it over a bunch for the next few days. I think it has enough compression to run now. Probably will get some rust buster in there also. Foam was still in the air filter inlets.

Last edited:
Holy Cow I can't believe how much better it already looks! I swear you are some kind of magician.
image.jpeg

Maybe Gary will reveal his secret, which might be what Mike Wolfe does to "crusty gold": he wipes down the object with Liquid Gold.

As for my self, I have recently been doing my initial wipe-down with an automotive detailer, and then a scrubadub with aluminum foil and detailer on the chrome.

Back