71' xs neck dimensions

globalmaa

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know what the inside diameter is for a 71' xs650 neck. My frame is at a buddy's and i need to find a set of roller bearings for my springer. the stem is 22mm so i need a set with inside dia 22mm and i don't know what the od is or the inside diameter of the neck. thanks in advance.

Posted via Mobile

To run a springer, most springers use 1 inch trailer bearings. If yours don't then get what ever bearings fit the stem. Set the races aside.
Get one of the tapered roller bearing kits for the XS650. Install the bearing races from the kit in the frame.
Set the bearings themselves aside.
Now with the lower bearing on the stem, slip the stem in the frame. Drop the top bearing on the stem. put the nuts and whatever the springer uses to hold it on.
Oh grease the bearings first.
Leo

Hi globalma I installed a 2001 sportster front end on my 71 . I dont recall the od diameter of the original races . Knock them out with a big screw driver and a hammer and measure them. easy peasy :)

so i've seen some posts where guys are saying it is 25mm X 48mm x 15mm so i'm taken it i need a 22mm x 48 mm x 15mm tapered bearing?

Posted via Mobile

so i've searched the web and all i can find is a 22MM x 44MM x 15 is it safe to get the races which should be 48 mm use this bearings which are 44mm

Posted via Mobile

Back