74" TX650 Bobber Build

finally got the frame cleaned up... I have to mock it up so I can get the upper motor mount built, mid mounts, fender mounts, etc....

Here she is all cleaned up

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

nice. lots cleaner without that funky seat thing, and the lower tubing looks great.
did you sand all that off by hand? All I had was a hot tank. your fingers are soooo lucky!!

oh!!! btw , im going to bentbike auburn tommorow morning bout 10 11, need anything? I can pick up some stuff for you, or meet you there, I'll have a friend with me who has a 71, and tw0 80's. we can shoot the shit at the sports page for lunch.

Man I would love to go but we have her parents over tomorrow. I honestly can't think of anything I need off hand. I picked up the lower end of a 650 motor for free so if you know anyone that needs any bottom end parts I have it floating around here.

As for the frame. I spent alot of time with the 4 1/2" grinder

hmmm.. lowerend.... friend might need a shift shaft. pops out of second sometimes. could just need adjusting. cant realy think of anything. I striped a sump plate bolt, but ide need a lowe case to do that, and im not about to tear it all apart after the rebiuld i did. havent even really rode it yet.
onefeduppiston-vi.jpg

Well I have decided to change the Sporty tank, will it still be a Sporty tank, yes.... just modified.

My plans are to narrow it 1.5", flat bottom with new tunnel, frisco style mounts, frisco style petcock, relocated filler.

The tank has never been used but the previous owner was nice enough to Kreem the inside, man I hate that crap. I started my cutting the pinch welds... then I flapped the inner lip of the fill neck and she fell on out

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

well.... I received my bars from Lowbrow, taped the tank and set it as a roller to make sure the tank was the look I was shooting for before it gets welded up.

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

Little here... little there.... Started on the fender struts, seat mounts, and I have been brainstorming all day on a upper motor mount. Needless to say I have no ideas yet

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Finally got a little time to put in on the bike. I had to cut some box into channel to make mounts for my mids. I had removed the factory mounts for a cleaner version. I also started on the exhaust. Nothing is welded... just taped so I can make sure that I am happy... (and yes I love zip ties). Finally made my fuel filler and my (electronics) oil tank showed up today.... $10.00 score from a 40's lawnmower.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Dig the bike bro lookin good!!!! Our shop bike has the upper motor mount gone and tube as well. I see your kinda in the neck of the woods to us we will have to ride this summer some time.:bike:

Dig the bike bro lookin good!!!! Our shop bike has the upper motor mount gone and tube as well. I see your kinda in the neck of the woods to us we will have to ride this summer some time.:bike:

I appreciate it... I've been following your work as well. I'm deffinately up to make the trip down this summer

thanks to Hugh for turning me on to this project, and my girl buying me an early Xmas present.... I now have my new electronics tank. Snafu pegs for my mids also

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0603-1.jpg

Back