'75 Star Black paint

Pete, I'll try to get you a pic this weekend of mine. Yes, there is a slight amount of fine metallic in it. Not sure it'll show up in a pic, I'll need some bright sunlight. There was a discussion way back on one of the lists/forums about a Honda automobile color being a close match. I'll see if I kept that info.
Mike

My bike is a '75, but I sure didn't notice any metallic in it when I was stripping it. But I hear it does and yes I have painted some Honda's with the metallic in their black. Its very subtle, you don't even notice it until you look closely.

I have a 99 civic that has a black metallic paint called flemenco black. Kind of a slight bluish flake but barely noticeable. Looks like it is also called starlight black. Paint code is nh592p

The 75 has metallic for sure I think I have a 75 headlight ear in the tubs. OK here's the back of the headlight shell.

75XS650paint.jpg

Part of a grommet for size reference. It's a very small metal flake to be sure, not that much of it, and and some, all?? are on top of the black.

Pete -
Im gonna try to get the parts down to you next week. I still haven't cleaned the tank out...

Finally found it. Posted on the 650 list a while back: 2008 Accord Nighthawk Black Pearl, code B92P, black w/gold metalflake. I haven't seen a car that color so can't verify it. Also, wouldn't swear the flake in my '75 is gold, but it is so fine it's hard to see. I agree w/ ggGary..."It's a very small metal flake to be sure, not that much of it, and and some, all?? are on top of the black." HTH
Mike

The flake on my 75 is silver and very small.
I just went out and layed the tank on it's side in the sun. If you look very close you can see the metal flake in there.
One was with out the flash the other with the flash. The one with flash has the extra shiny spot lower and to the left.
The paints a bit rough but you can still see the flake.
Leo

Attachments

• Paint 001 (640x480).jpg
    Paint 001 (640x480).jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Paint 002 (640x480).jpg
    Paint 002 (640x480).jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 111
Thanks Leo and other for the info. I'll check the PPG books at the paint house and see what I can find. One Honda I painted had blue or multicolor and then the one listed above says its gold. I could probably get them to substitute silver in the same size and amount for gold metallic flake. Thanks

Back