76 XS bobber project

Well, its been a while since Ive updated this. And this is not a very impressive either, but Im excited!

parks.jpg

Finally got my frame back from the welder after 3 months, but he only charged me $80 so I guess Im not too upset. My son wanted to help with the mock up...

bike.jpg

I like the direction its headed in but the Sporty Hugger may be too long

wheels.jpg

21" DID I picked up from fellow member erklep. Great dude, fast shipping and item was as promised. Now just need the Wargasser spool and spokes and re-lace.

parts.jpg

LowBrow/Biltwell

boredom.jpg

and just for shits and giggles, an old Trumpy tank my bros father in law gave me. Found it to be rusted beyond repair inside, so I rattlecanned it black, masked off some stuff and then rattlecanned it gold with my builds name on there. Not bad for about 2 hours worth of fuckin around in the basement.

Slow and steady with this build... but one day, itll be ready to rock.

Helped my Uncle move all of his woodworking equipment to his new shop above his shop so he let me take over the back corner.

shop.jpg

Picked up where I left off with the teardown of the engine. Its been sitting for a long time but I left oil in the sump and give it a few kicks every day or two so hopefully its all good in there still.

head-1.jpg

And its a good thing Im already planning on a full rebuild cause 1. the bikes 36 years old and I dont think its been touched, and 2. I made the rookie mistake of breaking the cam chain without first letting all the tension off the cam tensioner... grabbed the cam chain to wire/tie a wrench to it and "zing!" down she went into the sump...

jugs.jpg

so far so good

head.jpg

valves look ok I suppose.

valves.jpg

valves_2.jpg

parts arriving daily. Im pretty sure my girlfriend is going to kick my ass if another box shows up on the porch.

parts-1.jpg

dont know what 36 yr old unmolested pistons typically look like but was pleasantly surprised by the shape these were in.

piston.jpg

Got my bars in, dont like 'em. Sanded down my headlight and also ordered a LowBrow ribbed Mustang tank that I sent back cause it is too long. :banghead:

headlight.jpg

keystones.jpg

mustang.jpg

Also got my copy of "6over" and promptly popped that bitch into the DVD player!

6over.jpg

I think Ive decided against doing a rephase. 1. because its a lot of money for something with really, no gains and 2. because Im tired of this thing sitting! Maybe next winter...

Also helped out my bro with his build. An 86 LS650 Suzuki Savage. Its hard to get work done when all my son wants to do is sit on it and make motorcycle noises!..

Parksscoot.jpg

Back