77 1000 KAWASAKI wheels yamaha swap

79yam

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i found a guy that has a 77 1000 KAWASAKI front and rear disk
and i'm thinking i could swap the whole front forks and all
as for the rear i'm thinking some spacers
but this is all guesswork

but if anyone has any real information for me weather this will work or wont work

thanks
everyone

Better check axle size first some KZ bikes have smaller axle than XS 650
Honda CB550/750 wheels work i used them before but they are hard to fine in spokes disk mags yes.

There are a couple ways to go about this. Either change the wheel bearings to a size that fits on the XS axle or use the original size axle and mod the slots in the swingarm (make them narrower).

oh, I was under the impression they were both 20mm. Do you mean hub width and total axle length?

@DADDY
Pictures?
I bought a CB500 rear that I don't see how it can be fitted without seriously poor alignment and a modified swingarm

I just used 1979 CB550 rear drum brake 18"wheel on a XS 650 and it matched up perfect . Axles are the same size but the CB 550 is longer. CB 500 may have a smaller axle like a CM450. On OLD HONDA BIKES most CB 450 550 750 all had the same front end and spoke wheels. BUT IT WAS DRUM BRAKE not disk. 1977 when they went to disk there may be a axle difference because most were mags not spoke. I know that CB 350 and CM400/450 are the same did one last year.Kawasaki spoke with disk also may be the same axle but they are hard to find. You can change out the bearings if you know the right size .

I know this was originally posted 2 years ago but FYI my recently aquired 74 TX 650 A shed find has a KZ front end (complete with dual disc mag).Fork dia.is 36mm and the pivot shalt does not appear to have been pressed out,bearing are std.looking rollers.I can't tell if the triples are Kawi or Yamaha but it seems unlikely to me that they would have been bored out yamaha.Anyway don't know if this is helpful but it is what it is.Now I just have to figure out whic way to go so I can make my wheels match

Back