78 standard

MB Canada

flying the chair
Reaction score
Thought i'd post a couple pictures. I used the OEM battery box idea, cut the tabs off to keep it all rubber mounted, then simply fab'd a plate to hold all electric's under the seat. The horn is mounted under the plate.

Worked out well, 750 kit, Hugh's Hand Built charging system & solid handlebar mounts, Pamco Pete Ignition, Cap Start, fresh bearings everywhere with brass swing arm bushings installed. The front end got new springs and the dampin kit and LED signals (resister in headlight to make em flash)

paint by me....:yikes:

Attachments

• 02 19_0553_edited-1.jpg
    02 19_0553_edited-1.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 02 19_0559.jpg
    02 19_0559.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 187
  • 02 19_0557.jpg
    02 19_0557.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 02 19_0558.jpg
    02 19_0558.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 02 19_0555_edited-1.jpg
    02 19_0555_edited-1.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 02 19_0560_edited-1.jpg
    02 19_0560_edited-1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 171
After a ride, flip the seat up and feel how hot the reg/rec is getting. If it's a concern, maybe move it under the electrics tray like the horn. A couple more questions .... what exhaust is that? Looks all stainless? And the seat - is that a custom job on a stock pan or a complete replacement seat?

That's a nice bike you got there. I like how you have reused the seat hinges and made a great looking bike with the original mounts still in use. Will think of a solution like that in my next build. Tnx

The plate under the seat is open on right side.... I angled the mount to direct air towards the reg/rec. Thanks for that tho.... i will run it and keep an eye on how hot it gets. Moving it is no prob either. I think it has i nice flow of air towards one side of the reg.

That seat is aftermarket Flea Bay

The exhaust is stainless... the pipes are 1-3/4 with those exhaust optimizers in exhaust port... i got the mufflers from "dime city" they sound awesome... welded them on with SS wire.

I wanted the look of this one to be old english style....retired race style. It has a shell #1 Cam too...

Thanks....my bad again... its a "special"....the other one i built was a standard

Hey thanks Gary, yeah i'm going to redo brakes.... i just left them for now. It's riding season so i'm gonna "run what I brung" then finish the bike next year. I'm still setting the stock carbs. I had VM34's on it when it was attached to a sidecar... but the carbs got sold with another bike (did a Kenny Roberts tribute bike) and the buyer wanted the carbs....money usually talks...

Right now its not idling back down after blurp-ing the throttle.... going to re-clean carbs and move needle up a notch...then see what i got.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
carb synch check, advance rod binding and weak advance springs, check with a timing light are on the short list for hanging idle. then vacuum leaks...

Thanks!! It was an air leak at intake. I have it sorted now. Its still pretty cool here but am going to take 5twins advice and check the reg/rec is not over heating once I get out for a good ride. Thanks vsop-dk and Brassneck for both your comments.

Ride on,

Back