'81-Build Thread-The Handover

Oh, look. Its already starting to peel off for me.
Half way up the right side.
The one he sent me didn't look like that. About half the side on mine was black and it was hard to tell what was rubber and what was paint.

I think it was XJWMX that had suggested using a slightly longer bolt iirc. Maybe something to look into.
I thought it might be worth looking into. More than six threads is supposed to be overkill, but I think that assumes normal metal... If it makes a difference.

One of the older threads here, somebody posts a link to a manufacturer of industrial chain guide plastic material. Member Purplezinger says he is retired from a shop that was making similar chain guides, and he will look into making some if somebody will send him an old one. But it was like nothing happened next.

The manufacturer in the link would probably be able to give good advice on how to attach their products.

Last edited:
Isn't that pretty close to its operating temperature?

It is, but I knew it would be awhile before I ran the engine. The instructions state to make sure you apply the coats every 10 minutes and that the entire paint job is completed in an hour or you have to wait 7 days before applying addition coats.

Got the frame and such together this morning...

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

Well, that was a long pull Pat - but nicely done!

After all the work you did on that engine, your price is a genuine bar-goon. I just wish the exchange rate wasn't so high right now.

Pete

Last edited:
Back