81 XS650 Bobber Build

The bike it looking great man! keep it up

Thanks, the bike has been done for a while now, just been to busy to post some pics. Have about 800 miles on it now and running great. Going to clean it up next week for local bike and car show, so will hopefully get some updated pics posted.

Well got her all cleaned up and ready for our local bike and car show next week. I would just like to say that when you grease your chain get a good quality grease, I used cheap liquid wrench chain grease, and it got everywhere. :doh:

8y6m.jpg

83l2.jpg

i9sc.jpg

gt61.jpg

cef2.jpg

72cq.jpg

tkme.jpg

very nice !!

2 questions if I could - whats do you have covering your batt cables..? Are they within tubing coming out of the tank or are they braded...cant tell from the pic, but like the way it loops down from the back side.

second - what is your headlight - looks like a hella halogen maybe..?

Well done again !

-Mike - British Columbia

very nice !!

2 questions if I could - whats do you have covering your batt cables..? Are they within tubing coming out of the tank or are they braded...cant tell from the pic, but like the way it loops down from the back side.

second - what is your headlight - looks like a hella halogen maybe..?

Well done again !

-Mike - British Columbia

Thanks Mike.
The battery cables are run through an AN style fuel/oil line, I wanted the tank to look like an oil tank. I have some barbed fittings threaded into the electronics tank that the hoses slide over. The headlight is from lowbrow customs, its a Cycle Standard 5-3/4" diameter Diamond Black Halogen Headlight - Clear Lens that I fitted with a 5K HID bulb so its very bright.

Thanks Mike.
The battery cables are run through an AN style fuel/oil line, I wanted the tank to look like an oil tank. I have some barbed fittings threaded into the electronics tank that the hoses slide over. The headlight is from lowbrow customs, its a Cycle Standard 5-3/4" diameter Diamond Black Halogen Headlight - Clear Lens that I fitted with a 5K HID bulb so its very bright.

So AN braded line...sorry still cant tell. (Love to see a pic close up if you have one)

so the id of that hose must be 3/8 even 7/16 right..? So you fed the cable in the hose, then through barbed connectors, and then added connectors after right?

Barbed connectors must be big. Maybe I over gauged the battery cables..

I was going to do something similar but went a different direction....mounted the relay behind the motor which removed any reason I had to do that....but still thought about running all the incoming and outgoing 14g through oil style lines.....but also ended up doing something different there.

Still am thinking of my next bike doing something like that.

Headlight is cool...........I am still finishing my bike but have not liked the look of mine the whole time I have been fab'ing up........I have the 4 1/2 inch reg light.........which will now be replaced by the 5 3/4 blk diamond halogen. Nice bike !:thumbsup:

Back