82 Kawasaki 1100

mpiersd

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these. I have a line on one that I can get cheap. It needs tranny work(thats all i know about the bike so far) But I am more interested in its chop-bob potential.
Anyone have experience with them? Think they have enough potential?

What is it? GPz, KZ, LTD? If it's a GPz (and i doubt it is) it will have EFI, and be a fucking unreal sport machine for it's time.

This was mine...1981, Working EFI (very rare, most were converted to carbs) Period Yoshimura 4-1 exhaust. Man that bike could move for an old bike. (and i have a modern Ducati SBK.)

still kick myself in the ass for selling.:banghead::banghead:

gpz1.jpg

hmm, checked the link. Ad deleted. Anywhoo. Those motors are pretty stout. Im currently looking for another 70's or 80's UJM now that i sold my Ducati.

Too bad. I have vivid memories reading my friend's old 1982 back issues of Cycle Guide, Cycle World etc in 1985 where the GS and GPz were going head to head. It got me hooked on bikes.

What is it? GPz, KZ, LTD? If it's a GPz (and i doubt it is) it will have EFI, and be a fucking unreal sport machine for it's time.

This was mine...1981, Working EFI (very rare, most were converted to carbs) Period Yoshimura 4-1 exhaust. Man that bike could move for an old bike. (and i have a modern Ducati SBK.)

still kick myself in the ass for selling.:banghead::banghead:

gpz1.jpg

A friend of mine had one of these too. Bought it "brand new" in 1990 from Kawasaki of Phoenix. It was a bike that some of the magazines tested and then it was packed in a crate for 9 years.

Sadly, he totaled the bike about 5 years later in Tulare, CA while riding after a heavy drinking binge. Because he was plastered at the time of the accident, he survived with only a little road rash. :shrug:

There is a real nice Wes Cooley replica for sale in manitoba i was thinking of going to look at. But i have wanted a sportster forever to bob.

if that wes cooley is still around i'd jump all over it one hellava collectable bike, where in sask. are you located i have a couple of houses in leader and a huge collection of kz and z1 kawi's

Back