A few more images of my build,,,its gonna be sick

Hitndahedfred

Do I look like a people person to you?
Reaction score
After mocking this beast up for a long time I think I have finally found what I want in looks.
So here are a few new pics for everyone to check out. I have a new clutch side shaved case to install this evening,,and finish cleaning up the right side fork tube where I shaved the disk brake mount off. I also changed the dual exhaust outlets from a side exit to a down exit due to them sticking out when cornering. Don't wanna highside ya know,,lol The Mustang drag seat will probably not be on when I ride to Washington State next summer. The LePera I modded has springs and more padding. So whattya all think eh? Been 18 months working on it so far.
Kick start only,,no battery,, with just lights,,kill switch and horn. As basic as it can get
1010161336a.jpg
1010161330.jpg

Attachments

• 0927161353.jpg
    0927161353.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 0927161258b.jpg
    0927161258b.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Shows the down facing exhaust,,will TIG it in tonite then do the other side. It REALLY stuck out a lot and hit the floor with little lean. So I changed it.
1010161701.jpg

Last edited:
The Joe Wiseguy tracker style intake manifold I bought,,I had to shave the vacuum ports off so the rubber would fit better. And pull the carbs closer for leg clearance.
0927161258b.jpg

Hi Hitndahedfred,
if the look you were going for was a stretched-frame version of a 1950s Triumph Thunderbird you got it just about aced.
With the Americanization of some Hollister/Brando-ish add-on features, of course.
Except that the 'Umph did have a front brake. OK, a small pathetic ineffective excuse of one, but something.
I quite understand that a front disk wouldn't look right but an early Yamaha drum should fit OK and may even give a less eventful ride.
Run the front brake cable from a proportioning rocker on the footbrake if you don't want the 'bar cluttered up with a front brake lever.
Neaten up the twist grip area by fitting a BMW sidepull twist grip so the cable runs parallel to the 'bar rather than at a right angle.
Tank with level gauge? Well, why not?
Seat with springs? Oh yes! And fenders. Fenders are good.
Pipes? f-shape ends add a touch of elegance and look even better now they point down instead of out.
And the bars, I reckon if they feel right as you sit on the bike they are perfect. And if they don't, they aint.

Here is a pic of the clutch side case I worked over the past couple days. It really turned out well. Not gonna miss the oil sight glass,,But I do have a case from my 82 engine I will be doing next so one of them will end up for sale.
1012161847a.jpg

- - - Not gonna miss the oil sight glass - - -

Hi 'fred,
yeah, you can only see the sight glass when you are stopped and then you may as well use the dipstick.
"You can't argue with a dipstick": a statement that's true on so many levels.
OTOH my XS11 don't have a dipstick because the oil filler port is right above the clutch, it has a sight glass instead.
Which is OK except that my sidecar stops me from seeing it directly so I used to carry a mirror on a telescoping stick
in the sidecar to check the oil level. Then I made an "only when the engine is stopped" dipstick out of a straightened out
4" hose clamp bent into a Tee at the top to carry instead.

Back