a sloooww build but i dont care!!!

jeepguy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
PICS ADDED post 20
So i will get pics up soon just to start with. but for know a little bit of what im going to do.
a 75 frame and front end
- magwheels
rear brake only
78 engine and carbs
- rephased with pamco
wassel deep tunnel tank
david bird hardtail
-2 inch stretch 2 in drop
bobber wiring harness
taillight, headlight only
mid controls
and clipon's

thats a good start for a mental visual

know a question for you guys that have installed a david bird hardtail, got any tips just got mine in the mail today. wondering what you did fit the back bone part seems like its a squeze might have to spread it apart then release it when the backbone is in place????? whatcha think

Last edited:
jeepguy - i used a wedge of wood to "wedge" it open a little and pressed it over the top tube. once it is on it's a perfect fit. let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited:
here are some updates got david bird tail on wassel tank positioned and seat made and mounted. coming along slowly. have the motor tore down waiting for funds to keep moving...

Attachments

• dsc01522bh.jpg
    dsc01522bh.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 168
  • dsc01524a.jpg
    dsc01524a.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 136
  • dsc01538uz.jpg
    dsc01538uz.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 132
  • dsc01539om.jpg
    dsc01539om.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 169
  • dsc01540d.jpg
    dsc01540d.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 161
  • dsc01541s.jpg
    dsc01541s.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 165
  • dsc01542ff.jpg
    dsc01542ff.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 162
  • dsc01559x.jpg
    dsc01559x.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 206
  • dsc01543l.jpg
    dsc01543l.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 167
  • dsc01598qr.jpg
    dsc01598qr.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 196
  • dsc01599m.jpg
    dsc01599m.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 216
  • dsc01600o.jpg
    dsc01600o.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 177
Looking good so far. I like the look of the hardtail so far - what stretch/drop is it? It looks nice and short.

I can't tell if it is because the pictures are a little small, but do you have those triangle brackets welded on? They are the only thing that I do not like about the David Bird tails.

Looking good, and don't rush a thing... There are lots of rushed bikes out there, and they look the part...

Those little brackets everyone worries about with the DB tails are practically invisible once you have the engine in, with the side covers one and all your controls in place... Don't sweat it...

looking good i just picked up my frame hardtailed by tc bros and starting to work on it now goal is by ohio bike week 2012 but we will see depend if the motor is good or not

I dig it too man! Not a fan of the DB hard tails but I never thought about it like Punkskalar said... probably well hidden after the fact.

Curious, what seat setup do you have there?

just talked with hugh and placed an order.

sending crank and cam to be rephased mon. and while im at it picking up a set
of his tank bungs to mount the wassel, speedo delete, cause who needs to know how fast your going, lowering kit, and the rest of the PMA kit i need.

hello christmas in july and for the jews hanukkah in july.

can't wait will post pics of the goods in a few weeks when they come in.

got my upper tree from bill and my clip-on's came today here is a pic will get some better up when the sun is up and i remeber my image shack info......and the fork will not be sticking out like that and there are no neck bearings installed right now

Attachments

• DSC01602.jpg
    DSC01602.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 127
just talked with hugh and placed an order.

sending crank and cam to be rephased mon. and while im at it picking up a set
of his tank bungs to mount the wassel, speedo delete, cause who needs to know how fast your going, lowering kit, and the rest of the PMA kit i need.

hello christmas in july and for the jews hanukkah in july.

can't wait will post pics of the goods in a few weeks when they come in.

I'm liking this build even more now :laugh:

well its been a long time since i have updated this but here are a few pictures of progress.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 155
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 138
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 189
Back