Aftermarket front motor mount for 74 and newer frames

tigman175

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
[note="Moderator Note:"]Link to store removed since Tigman175 appears to longer be around.[/note]

full

That sure is nice looking, would like to see a chromoly or aluminum version to save some weight, if I go for a new mount I want it to look good and be significantly lighter. Keep up the fine work Tigman.

That sure is nice looking, would like to see a chromoly or aluminum version to save some weight, if I go for a new mount I want it to look good and be significantly lighter. Keep up the fine work Tigman.
thanks! And this mount is actually lighter than the stock one. Not significant tho. Mine 1.5 lbs, stock 1.7lbs. I'm a little hesitant on the aluminum due to the vibrations of the bikes.

Hey Tigman175....

I have one of your mounts on order from your website. Sending you a pm now. Please take a look.

XStretchified650

nice tig work. good to see some one still cares about the quality of there work. any one can slap together parts with a p.o.s. 110v flux core welder but this takes skill. i love it thanks

My original intention was to cut the center section from the side plates off the oem mount and replace the long bolts with shorter ones thru each frame rail similar to the old Trackmaster frames. I ended up going with the Delt Fab mount because it has increased torsional rigidity over a cut original and it has the looks of a welded frame crossbar if painted to match. Here's a few pictures of the mount installed. Please excuse the oily mess; the motor is on its way out for a rebuild. While the engine is out, both the frame and Delt mount will be powdercoated.

The mount is a perfect fit and the welds are spectacular.
Thanks tigman175!

Attachments

• IMG540.jpg
    IMG540.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG541.jpg
    IMG541.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG542.jpg
    IMG542.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG543.jpg
    IMG543.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
I hope so I sent a paypal payment.

*edit. just got a message that these are still being made and am one happy camper.

Last edited:
Packaged shipped today. I was planning to buy a second and he was kind enough to include it free of charge.

Last edited:
Back