Aftermarket master cyl. and clutch set?

Flash1977

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking around for a decent set that will fit 22mm -7/8 handlebars but I haven't had any luck. Anybody come across a decent set of brake and clutch controls? I don't want Amazon or eBay junk. I want something that will look good and function well on my hardtail project that I built last year. This year I would like to go threw and along with paint add a few pieces here and there to make it a bit nicer. Right now I have a set of cheepies that gotta go bug I can't find a decent set so let me know if you know, thanks.

Magura and Brembo, both have nice sets of matching master cylinders. Also clutch slave cylinders too. Not cheap but quantum leap up from typical Chinesium stuff.
Thanks . That's kinda what I'm looking for but I'd be using it on a hardtail bobber so I'm looking for something that would look less sporty and more vintage or just more like something you'd see on a custom bobber.

For the clutch, I use a Kawasaki lever and perch. I use it because the lever pivot is 3 or 4 times wider than the original Yamaha one .....

New Clutch Lever.jpg

83Installed3.jpg

83Installed.jpg

For a MC, I like the 11mm unit from an XT225 .....

MyTTR225MC4.jpg

MyTTR225MC6.jpg

MyTTR225MC5.jpg

OEM japanese is pretty hard to beat for quality and durability. Find a bike that would be a good donor and buy the parts you want from a wrecker (boneyard). 5Twins has given some options already.

OEM japanese is pretty hard to beat for quality and durability. Find a bike that would be a good donor and buy the parts you want from a wrecker (boneyard). 5Twins has given some options already.
Yes, and use the opportunity to get a smaller MC, like the recommended 11 mm. Stock MCs from the 70s and early 80s are way too big on most models!

For the clutch, I use a Kawasaki lever and perch. I use it because the lever pivot is 3 or 4 times wider than the original Yamaha one .....

View attachment 323409

View attachment 323410

View attachment 323411

For a MC, I like the 11mm unit from an XT225 .....

View attachment 323412

View attachment 323413

View attachment 323414
Hey 5twins. Does the Kawasaki set have a copper sleeve for the cable to ride on? It looks like that in the pic. Sounds like a good idea but would probably wear quickly with a steel cable. Just curious.

If you mean the copper coloring in my 1st pic, no, that's just C5-A copper anti-seize applied to the threads of the adjuster.

This is the bike. I'm looking for something more for lack of a better word fancy.

Attachments

• IMG_20240420_194317421_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240420_194317421_HDR.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 17
Back