Aftermarket Tachs from Mikes

SINKING78

Oil, Grease, & Gas Please
Reaction score
Anyone running one of these? I would really like a tach for a few reasons but there are so many different ones I just can't make light of it. If anyone has experience with these please chime in..

I use the mini electronic Mike's one with black face and chrome body, looks good, works fine, easy to hook-up.

Yea, that's the one I was looking at. It doesn't say it but I assume the cable is sold separate?

he's running the electronic one. no cable. I have the cable version and it works. looks good.

Correct, no cable.
BTW, I have a story about it. When it arrived, the needle was not on zero, it was at 2000 RPM or something, don't remember. I said "this isn't right," and contacted Mike's, explained the problem, said I never used it, and sent it back. They sent me a new one -- the needle was in the exact same position, not zero, but 2,000 or something. I said WTF. Went ahead and hooked it up, the needle went to zero as soon as it was powered up. Has worked fine ever since -- when the bike is turned off the needle says zero, just like it should, and when bike is running it says whatever the RPMs are. I guess that's just how they come from the factory, and Mike's customer service didn't know about it.

No, I was not knocking the customer service, I was just relating the story, and I hope Mike's benefited from the experience the next time someone thought their electronic tach was bad.
And yes, my thermometer dipsticks have oil level marks -- that was the hard part -- they are not off the shelf thermometers, they are custom length, made to order for me, exactly the same length as a stock dipstick.
Sorry for the thread jack continuation.

ok. cool. so many guys jump on mikesxs back, its good to hear you had no issue. ive had none.

Back