Air filter retaining clip help?

Thanks for the help, I have a good idea where they go (since I took the air filters out to put in filters in the gas lines) but I'm wondering if they have a specific place where they should go. They kind of look like they would work like the rubber battery band that hold the battery in place but I can't find any slots or hooks that they should attach to.

Maybe you need to be clearer - what's the diff between 'where they go' and 'a specific place'? They slide into the slot, I believe, and the kink is what pushes the filters forward snuglike.

HMMM.... I guess my question is do they hold themselves in position by pushing against the filters or do they have a special way of locking themselves in position?

The metal ring on the end of the clip doesn't hook onto or into anything, it's merely a pull tab for installing and removing the clip. The clip slides in about halfway up the back side of the filter element. If you look at the filter, you'll see raised ridges on the back for the clip to slide in between. Those hold it there, halfway up the backside, so it won't slip down. Installing the cover holds the clip in.

99-5006.jpg

The left side of the clip looks like it should hook into a slot and the right side looks like it should connect to a hook. I hope this helps.

Back