All front spoke hubs the same 71-84?

figure8

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Some help needed here, I can't figure out what I'm overlooking. I bought a brembo kit from Dan at pandemonium. Got the caliper and the adapter bracket (35mm forks.)

Per his instructions you need to do some filing on the caliper to get it to clear the spokes. Now here's where the problem lies. I have the stock 19" rim from an 81 as well as a 21" rim with if I remember correctly from a 74 hub laced up to a DID 1.6" rim. I'm going slow filing the backside of the caliper and the 19" rim is just barely not clearing the caliper. Where as the 21" needs quite a bit more filed away to clear.

I believe the hubs are the same all years and I'm away from my garage at the moment. It's a thread I've been meaning to make so here I am, I can provide pics later if need be.

Now that I'm writing this I'm thinking of switching the position of the 21". Maybe it's not as tru as I thought.

Feel free to chime in.

I have the same brembo kit and a 21 inch wheel as well. I never had the caliper on yet, just had it mocked up. It looked damn close to the spokes. I don't have a rotor yet. That's why i hadn't installed it yet. I don't know what the "safe" spacing is between the two. Maybe Dan can chime in about this.

Just to say that with a 21 rim the spokes will be closer to the caliper. they head out from the hub toward the center of the rim at a shallower angle.

Back