Alternator/neutral switch wiring loom...

Sundie

Jabroni
Reaction score
Is there anyone who sells these new? I'm talking about the loom that seems to be included in the stator assembly - is the wiring not available separately?

Not that I know of, but wouldn't be too hard to duplicate with a few strands of the appropriate size and color wire.

- have, never seen a replacement set on offer-doesnt mean they dont exist, there is also no official part number for this...i guess it depends upon where the loom is discontinuous, cut or damaged...as Earz remarked, if you have a good stem to work from you could splice into it, but if you want to replace the whole loom, there are 3 parts to the points model...blue for the neutral switch-easy fix, green and black for the brushes-although these run internally through the housing and the stator to housing bonding, they could be run externally too, and the 3 white for the windings...to get to the source of these, by the look of it, you would need to remove the stator from the housing or risk breaking the copper wire attemting to separate the strands...TCI models have the pickup wiring also...unfortunately i cant be of more help :shrug:

i've got worn insulation right where the loom runs under the drive chain guide. I guess my best plan of action is to cut that out and replace with new wiring. Or possibly cut it off there, and make a new loom. Think i'll try the former first.

Thanks guys!

- are all cables compromised? only some? or the outer shell?...when joining, best to make sure you do so where space allows, and only that which is necessary

Well, the outer shell for sure. At least one cable inside (shake it around, the fuse blows) (slathered it in liquid electrical tape for now), and it's oil soaked/heat abused. I'm thinking that up to 2" from where the neutral indicator comes out of the loom to just before it goes into the stator housing. This will get rid of all the oil cooked parts. Slip self-sealing shrink tube over it, and away i go.

Basically, the task of any wire loom is to properly channel your wires to their central location and keep them together neatly. Simple in principle and when done wire looms save a whole lot of time and heartache and as a result you can properly utilize any wire related setup you have whether it be a home theater, office, or rec ro

wire loom

Back