alternator rotor availability?

sparklow

sparklow
Reaction score
Anyone with some information on where to buy an alternator rotor? MikesXS is out and I need one to get the bike back on the road. They don't go far without charging!

I have one I'm thinking of selling. Has about 20 minutes of use. Bought it new, got my motor running and switched to perm mag. It's from electrosport.

Last edited:
ebay has some (that seem expensive). The last time i was looking for one, i had it rebuilt for $140 with a 3 year warranty against defects. Might be your best bet.

I've got a used one in my pile of spares. Let me test it first to make sure it's good. PM me if your interested.

Posted via Mobile

Just a MikesXS update. I got an email from Mike. He is looking for a supplier for these and does not currently have an ETA to have them in stock.

There's a great opportunity to make some cash here,with everyone fixing these bikes up,the rotor has to be the worst part on the whole bike and not too cheap either.The Pma is so nice never a problem,and really simple in design.If only raw materials weren't through the roof I bet ya there would be alot more pma"s available.you should really vent your rotor to try to keep it cool.

sparklow, you can put spacers on the screws that hold the Alt. cap

Attachments

• XS650%20Cooling%20the%20Stator%20and%20Rotor%20.jpg
    XS650%20Cooling%20the%20Stator%20and%20Rotor%20.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 135
Back