Alum Boxed Swing Arm

Since I started this thread based on information on the VFT web page---it appears it may not be as advertised----there has been comments about the 17mm bearing--and some problems--VXB Bearings has 181 bearings with an inner diameter of 17mm one should fit ---If I have bought a pig in a poke I will let the Forum know and I will bite the bullet for not doing more research.

Thanks for that post! You bought an arm from vintage hotshoe racing? That puts a whole different spin on things. We were reading tea leaves trying to figure out if you were a member or this was a sneak advertisement.
Please do keep us informed on how this goes for you. Tell us more about what you are building? and Welcome to the forum. It can really save you some dinero to post up what you are thinking of doing here, lots of hands on guys around, willing to share! Building me a tracker is an awesome thread if you haven't seen it already.

The vintage flat track guys probably have a looser definition of "bolt on" than the average bike tweaker does.

Just saw this arm on fleabay if you don't mind some "beehive" welds.....

$(KGrHqFHJDMFCfle+CcCBQy32Bisvg~~60_57.jpg

Item number:
opening at 75 plus 50 to ship.

Since I started this thread based on information on the VFT web page---it appears it may not be as advertised----there has been comments about the 17mm bearing--and some problems--VXB Bearings has 181 bearings with an inner diameter of 17mm one should fit ---If I have bought a pig in a poke I will let the Forum know and I will bite the bullet for not doing more research.
If you have allready bought it, do as I did. Buy ha CB750 axle on ebay, have the axle adjusters, axle chrome plate drilled for the oem XS axle size, and more threads cut on the axle. This way you can still use the oem spacers,caliper mount etc.

Back